Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP RFC SDK 7.10 Compilation Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We have a Pro*C program that is using the RFC SDK 7.10

When we are compiling our program with Pro*C Compiler in HP UX 11iv2 os we are getting the following errors:

SAP_U16_PROTOTYPE_STDC(mkstemp)..1 PCC-S-02201, Encountered the symbol "mkstemp" when expecting one of the following: Error at line 1895, column 1 in file /home/psoni/rfcsdk-710/orgseclib/sapuc.h  SAP_U16_PROTOTYPE_UO(dirname) 1  

PCC-S-02201, Encountered the symbol "SAP_U16_PROTOTYPE_UO_HLP" when expecting on
e of the following: ; , = ( [ * ? | & < > + - / % . ^ *= /= %= += -= <<= >>= &&=
   ||= ^= | & == != <= >= << >> ++ -- ->

The symbol ";" was substituted for "SAP_U16_PROTOTYPE_UO_HLP" to continue.
Syntax error at line 1901, column 1, file /home/psoni/rfcsdk-710/orgseclib/sapuc.h:
Error at line 1901, column 1 in file /home/psoni/rfcsdk-710/orgseclib/sapuc.h
SAP_U16_PROTOTYPE(ecvt) 1
PCC-S-02201, Encountered the symbol "extern" when expecting one of the following
:   ; , = ( [ * ? | & < > + - / % . ^ *= /= %= += -= <<= >>= &&=
   ||= ^= | & == != <= >= << >> ++ -- ->

I had checked the files sapuc.h and sapucx.h are correctly included in my program.

Also I checked for the errors : that the reference of some constants like

SAP_U16_PROTOTYPE is present is sapuc.h - However I am not able to

identify the cause of compilation issues.

Please can anyone guide me - or give any hints as to how this compilation issues can be resolved.

On sap rfc sdk version 6.20 with HPUnix 11iV1 we did not face such problems. Post that release we have tried all libraries including 6.40 and all of them are giving the above errors.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Shivani

1 REPLY 1

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This compiler error looks really strange.

Without your sources (of the affected file) and the full command line it's impossible to suggest something.

Markus