cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To open Adobe Interactive Form in New Window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

I want to open Adobe interactive form in new window not in popup. This form should contain data passed from parent view.

Please help

- Mandeep Virk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep

Code to open an interactive form in an an external window(NonModalExternalWindow) other that modal window.

IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createNonModalExternalWindow("/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtmode/preview/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fZCHEP!2fZPROJECTS!2fcom.Test.ZPortfolio_APAME!2fcom.Test!2fcom.Test.ZiViews!2fcom.Test.ZTransactions!2fcom.Test.ZADocketPrintDummyApp?sap-config-mode=true","ViewName");
window.setWindowSize(250,5);
window.removeWindowFeature(WDWindowFeature.TOOL_BAR);
window.removeWindowFeature(WDWindowFeature.MENU_BAR);
window.removeWindowFeature(WDWindowFeature.ADDRESS_BAR);
window.show();

Hope this helps you...

Regards,

Saleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saleem,

Thanks for reply.

My concern is how to generate the URL.

I think this can be obtained / generated through resource of pdf. but don't know how

Please help.

- Mandeep Virk

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about creating a new application in your project with the Adobe Form as default view and using the Webdynpro Application URL to launch it in a new window.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain your requriement clearly.

You have two views ParentView and PDFView. Two views embedded in Window1.

By default ParentView will be displayed.

Now you are navigating from ParentView to PDFView. Then ParentView will be replaced by PDFView in Window1.

So here what is ur requriement. Why do you want an seperate Window here.

If you want to open the PDFView in a popup. Just create another Window2. Ember PDFView in Window2. Now from ParentView opent Window2 as a model/external popup.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you just use InteractiveForm ui element in a new view and bind the context node accordingly,It opens in a new window rather than a pop up.

Regards

Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

This is not as simple as you explained.

I know one thing to achieve this functionality that i need to pass a URL to open new window in browser.

Here in my case that url should be generated using pdf resource. That is my requirement.

How to obtain this url. I require some code snippet for same.

- Mandeep Virk