cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Batch in MTO Scenerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sapients

I ahve posted reg this query earlier.but even then my issues is sorted out.can anybody throw somelight on this issue or if any one can explain should i cahnge the process.

Iam raising MTO Order for 1500 Nos so that based on that production is gonna take place.If prodn capacity is 500 nos/lot goods will be produced in 3 lots and 3 automatic batch will be created while issuing the finished goods to stock.

In this scenerio iam deliverying the MTO order but system picks the whole 1500 nos from any one of the batch (Not splitting) and while doing PGI system throws the error message "Deficit qty in Batch XXXXX"

As suggested earlier i have maintained Item cat detrmination as

Delivery type(LF)+ NORM+CHSP(Usage)=TAN

Even then batch split doesn't happen. or is it that Batch spilt can't happen in MTO Scenerio so that process should be changed?

Plz help me

Thanx in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i do not have the answer yet, but would you take a guess for the meantime?

anyway, it is a standard option to assign the batch number to the production order in an MTO scenario. i think, that if this batch was indeed assigned to this prodn order, and this prodn order represents the entire sales order quantity, the system will have to source from this batch, and further from the sales order stock.

i also think if there are 2 or more production orders with reference to the MTO sales order, all with different batches, then you should be able to source from different batches, further from sales order stock.

the next question that i will ask PP is if its possible to assign multiple batches to a production order.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan y on Jun 5, 2009 9:09 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar problem, can you please tell me how did you fix it?