cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA SP level of BW System??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Our BW ABAP Support Pack level is 18,I need to confirm JAVA Support Pack level.How Can I do it?When I am trying to login to the portal of BW ---System Information I am getting the following error:

Error - Unable to read component infromation ..How to know the java sp level of our BW System??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see that info in JSPM

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please tell me the location where in JSPM I can see the JAVA Support Pack Level??Our Version is BI 7.0..

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Under "deployed components" tab -> SP level.

Regards

Juan

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

JSPM location is

/usr/sap/>SID>/<instance name>/j2ee/JSPM

run go script...from there you can check...

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

In one tab under deployed components I am getting one component like sap.com/SAP_JAVASL & SP Level of this Component is 18.Can we confirm from this that JAVA SP level is 18??

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same as in ABAP... SP level of components can variate, so if you see the Stack info in SAP Marketplace for Stack 18 then you'll confirm that youre in Stack 18

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan My problem is while I am trying to run the program RSPOR_SETUP(Maintain Setting for the Integration into EP) I am getting the error while executing check configuration tab-Different ABAP & JAVA Support Packages..I have checked in system status that ABAP SP is 18.But I am in doubt with the JAVA SP.As it is showing in JSPM 18 so can I confirm it is 18??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is that ABAP JAVA and BI JAVA works with a particular Stack level. There are some dependencies which you can find in the below note.

So make sure that your ABAP and JAVA Stack should be on the level listed in below note otherwise you wont be able to perform BI Broadcasting. Once you maintained thses levels for ABAP and BI JAVA, you will get all your reports green.

"SAP Note 1013369 - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 BI - intermediate Support Packages"

With Regards,

Saurabh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sap.com/SAP_JAVASL is related to JSPM/SDM so that only means that the particular component is at patch 18...

Again, if you want to make sure that all your landscape is at the same level you don't need to look for a particular SP but for the full Stack... so if you check the stack info in SAP Marketplace and compare that with your current SP levels you'll be able to confirm that you are at the same level

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below note to check that which component you should check to ensure that your BI JAVA is running on which stack.

"SAP Note 1072576 - Frequently Asked Questions: BI Java Support Packages/patches"

Please check these components using the link

http://<hostname>:5<system number>00/index -

> System information -

>All components

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh When I am trying to login via

http://<hostname>:5<system number>00/index -

> System information -

>All components.

I am getting the below error..

Error - Unable to read component infromation ..

I want to know the highest SP level of my java BW stack but unable to do so..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look we get the BI Java componets in the J2EE stacks, So you can also say that whatever is the patch level of your J2EE engine, the same will be of your BI JAVA.

and you can get the information for your J2EE stack information on, http://<hostname>:5<system number>00/index -

> System information page only.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's correct Saurabh but I am not able to open the System Information page..I am getting the error which I mentioned earlier..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you running ABAP + J2EE stack together or only having the ABAP instance?

If you have dual stack and your JAVA is running, you should get this page. To check is JAVA is running or not, please check that wheather jlaunch processes are running or not on your OS level?

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running dual stack & JAVA is running fine..I am able to login User Management,NWA but not System Information.When I am trying to login System Information page with j2ee_admin I am getting the following below error.

Error - Unable to read component infromation

com.sap.engine.monitor.infoapp.SystemInfoException: Unable to read component infromation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apply the correction in this note and than your error should be resolved.

Note 1281251 - System information exception: Connection is invalid

With Regards,

Saurabh