Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applications Addon ST-PI 2008_1_640 and ST-A/PI 01L_ECC500

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

We are using ecc5 release 640.

I am facing the problem in Service Tools for Applications Addon ST-PI 2008_1_640 and ST-A/PI 01L_ECC500

Mu current sp level is

ST-A/PI 01J_ECC500 0 - Application Servicetools for ECC 500

ST-PI 2005_1_640 3 SAPKITLQH3 SAP Solution Tools Plug-In

After running the RTCCTOOL report I am getting and error .I have some queries

1 as suggest I can go directly 01J_ECC500 to 01L_ECC500 same for 2005_1_640 to ST-PI 2008_1_640.

2 Do I have to upgrades before SAINT version 6.40/0019.

3. As per note 69455 Note: As of 28th Nov. 2008 a new release 01L* of addon ST-A/PI has become available. The previous release 01K* will still be sufficient forservice preparation until 31th December 2008.

Regards,

kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

1. yes, go directly from J to L and from 2005 to 2008, but be sure to download the 'delta upgrade' files, not the 'installation files'.

2. yes, first of all do spam/saint upgrade to highest available patch level for your 640 version.

3. yes, L_ECC is available now, so you have to do it for sure.

All these clarifications are mentioned in the Notes suggested by RTCCTOOL run. Do exactly what those Notes say.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ,before apply these patch do i have to take any caution and precation and any depanacet support i have to upgrde before.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

but be sure to download the 'delta upgrade' files, not the 'installation files'.

What do you mean by delta upgrade' files please guide.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the dependencies and pre-requisites, just read the Notes recommended by the RTCCTOOL run. when you downloads the ST-PI or ST-A//PI or even any patch, it's information file is always there with it in marketplace which tell what pre-requisites should met before that particular patch can be applied successful. For 'pre-requisites', here means, the support pack/patch level which should already be there before applying the current one in question.

And, like if we do not have any SP of ST-PI or ST-A/PI already in our SAP system, then to install them for the 'first time', we need to download the 'installation files'. If you already have some patch level of ST-API or ST-PI in the system, then we need to downlaod the 'delta upgrade' files for each of them. Read those notes, everything mentioned.

For normal precaution, just make sure that /usr/sap/trans filesystem has enough space and do this patch activity in less user load time, however st-pi and st-api woudn't be affected much even with user loads.