cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW MI 7.1 "BACKEND TRIGGERED" Synchronization Query

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement that when we create a Maintenance Order (IW31) in the backend system; it must automatically synchronize with the MI system and similarly sent to the mobile client.

i.e. IW31 Create Order     --Auto-->     NW MI 7.1 DOE     --Auto-->     Mobile Client

Besides I will be using BAPI wrappers at MI and simplified RFC enables custom function at the backend system for this requirement.

But currently when I create the order the data is not getting synchronized automatically. Appreciate if any one can share some inputs / tutorials / how to dou2019s on this requirement.

Regards, Kathirvel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

Yes, this is possible.

1. Between Backend and DOE -> you should enable the push mechanism.

2. Between DOE and Client -> you should use synchronous enabled Data Object or should schedule extract.

Best regards,

Vinodh.

0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

Thanks a lot for your very quick response. But I am quite new to this MI area. Could you please some more details to get this working?

Appreciate if you provide some documentation on the two points you have given below:

2. Between DOE and Client -> you should use synchronous enabled Data Object or should schedule extract.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards, Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

Yes, this is possible.

There are 2 kinds of push supported by DOE.

1. Key Push - You push only the keys to the DOE and DOE takes care of pulling the entire instance into the DOE. Which means once the key of the instance is pushed to DOE, DOE executes the getdetails BAPI internally and gets the complete instance and persists in the CDS and to device etc.

2. Instance Push - You push the entire instance to the DOE. Since the entire instance is pushed, DOE does not need to contact the backend again as it did in the first case. It directly goes ahead to persist in the CDS and to device etc.

Steps to Implement Push on DOE Side :

1. First step to implement push is to enable your Data Object's backend adapter such that it becomes ready for push. You will have to change the adapter's 'Synchronization Type' to Backend Triggered (default is DOE Triggered).

2. Then you will have to specify a Backend BO Name(BO stands for Business Object). Its just an identifier used to identify this adapter from backend.

3. Incase you want to implement Instance Push, then specify a 'Instance Push Function' module name in the Bapi Wrapper section. Just specify a function module name, the DOE will create the function and will add code to it. Skip this step if you are implementing key push.

4. Save and activate the adapter.

On Backend side :

1. For key Push : Call the function module SMMW_BE_CALL_DELTABO(which is available in the DOE) by passing the Backend BO name and the keys.

2. For Instance Push : Call the Instance Push function module(which is available in the DOE) that you specified in the adapter by passing the complete instance.

Note : Since these function modules are available on the DOE, you will need to create a RFC connection from backend to DOE and then call these function modules using the RFC connection.

Extract could be performed in various ways.

1) Manual triggering of extract from NW admin portal for a particular device or set of devices in device administration page. This will extract all pending instances belonging to all data objects to be sent to these device(s).

2) Periodic extract of data object instances for all devices by setting up an extract job. (Using TCODE sdoe_bg_job_monitor). This will be an API based triggering of extract per data object for all devices. This could be scheduled for required frequencies like any other job in a basis system.

3) Configure refresh queue option from NW mobile admin portal device administration page. These options will internally trigger extract whenever receiver synchronizes with DOE. There are options to do this extract synchronously or asynchronously. If marked synchronous, the sync session will wait till extract is completed. The other case, extract will be triggered asynchronously and sync session completed.

4) By setting DO_SYNC_EXTRACT parameter for data object from NW mobile admin portal configuration link. This parameter will help to have any new data till the receiver without much manual interaction.

Best regards,

Vinodh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

Something wrong with the formatting of my previous reply. Unfortunately, I could not find any relevant documentation url. But these information should be sufficient for you to proceed.

The above given link by Rajasekher will help you with Push.

The following link will help you with extract.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Vinodh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to about reply, check the below thread for details steps to implement BACKEND PUSH

[Steps to implement backend push|;

Second is, to enable synchronous extract, you have to set the configuration DO_SYNC_EXTRACT to 'X' for your data object. You can do this in DOE Portal->Configuration->DOE Configuration.