cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD Exception when pointing ESS Travel & Expense to multiple backend systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query regarding ESS Travel Management pointing to multiple backend systems.

ESS MSS is installed on a single portal(Portal1).

ESS MSS is currently pointing to Backend System1. The requirement is that ESS Travel from Portal1 should point to various multiple Backend Systems therefore making ESS Travel region-specific.

Is this possible? and if so what are the pros and cons?

This is what I have attempted:

1. Followed the documentation from "Multiple Back End Support for the Adaptive RFC Model" [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/af/84a34098022a54e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Therefore, I created 2 JCOs namely: SAP_R3_Travel_R1 and SAP_R3_Travel_MetaData_R1 pointing to Backend Sytem 2. SSO and JCO tests successfully.

2. On the iview properties for ESS Travel & Expenses, I added the following to the Application Parameters: sap-wd-arfc-useSys=SAP_R3_Travel:_R1&sap-wd-arfc-useSys=SAP_R3_Travel_MetaData:_R1

3. I additionally created a system in the Portal under System Configuration pointing to Backend System2 and adding the SAP_R3_Travel_R1 as the default System Alias. Do I need to add SAP_ITS_XSS and SAP_WebDynpro_XSS system alias, if so how since it is seeing as redundant because it is added in the system I created for Backend System1.

4. I then tested one of the ESS Travel & Expenses iviews. I have the following error:

Accessing System XYZ is not possible because RFC Metadata was retrieved using System ABC. Please assure you have configured the RFC Connections properly. A Server restart may be necessary!

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

RD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please share the solution you got for this problem as we are also facing the same kind of problem.

thanks

Gaurav