cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logging

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured a Log Formatter, Destination and Log Controller in my Web DynPro application. I then deploy the application on to the server, which has the "ForceSingleTraceFile" option set to "NO."

I have restarted the server, expecting to see from within Visual Administrator that the Formatter, Destination and Log Controller have been set up for use.

But I don't see any change.

If I set up them up manually from within Visual Administrator, everything works fine and the log/trace statements are written to the desinations as expected.

But I am still wondering why the log-configuration.xml file that is bundled in to the deployed archive does not automatically configure the logs on the server.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

i have problems with log locations creation too. I remarked, that locations whos parents are regular log locations are not created. I know, i have that not clear described. So probably an examle is better.

When you have for examle log location with name com.test.pcg1 and try configure log with name com.test.pcg1.subpcg - that will not created. Possible that is reason, you couldn´t create log location during deploy process.

regards

Bogdan

Answers (0)