cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOT and Mail server in seprate domain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in the phase of configuring SCOT and I have one questionas well before proceed further.

1. SAP system is in seprate domain and Mail server is in seprate domain. Is this possible to configure SCOT with the domain difference? (I have surfed few things and understood from Juan is that we need to maintain some relay agent incase of domain isolation )

Is it so or Will this possible without any realy agents? Kindly suggest me on the above query.

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In order to send mails you need an SMTP server... for SAP to comunicate with the SMTP server requires authentication, that authentication can be done via the SMTP relay agent (which just means that the SMTP server trust the SAP system as a emails source) or by username and password.

If the relay Agent is not working because the SMTP server is in a different domain, you can try setting parameter SMTPAUTH to 1 to enable SMTP authentication, then add parameter SMTPUSER with user in format "domain\user" and finally the password under parameter SMTPPASSWORD.

I'm not sure if this is 100% supported but it might just do the trick.

Regards

Juan

jasbir_rajput
Explorer
0 Kudos

Where do these settings take changes. Can u help with tcode or screenshots

i am dying to solve this issue or else i will have to rewrite many of my programs which are sending outgoing emails