cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import option "checkout/Workflow = Checkout"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we implemented a consolidation scenario in which delta records from 25 systems are continously imported on a daily basis to MDM. We would like to check out the changed record automatically after import in order to enable the business users to check the the proposed change first before releasing it.

Therefore we chose the import option "checkout/workflow = checkout"

However it seems that the checkout is exclusive. This prevents the business users from joining the checked out record or making use of the Data Manager action "Compare with original".

Questions:

-> Is there any option I oversaw to make the checkout non-exlusive?

-> Is there any workaround to enable business users to join the checked out record anyhow?

Please notice that MDM workflow is due to bad experiences not an option at all!

I appreciate any input!

Iris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iris,

There is an option in Import manager>configuration options to enable the join permissions for all the users.

Please check it.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

sorry, but I couldn't find any such option in the Import Mananager Configuration Options (MDM Version MDM 5.5 SP06 (5.5.63.73)). There is only an option called "Auto-Join check out records" which just makes sure that records that are already checked out can be accessed via Import Manager anyhow.

Best regards,

Iris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iris,

You might be using Process step as the first step in the workflow because of which business users can compare the records, try assigning all the business users to this process step so that they can join the checkout.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh Talreja,

sorry if I was not totally clear on that: We are not using the MDM workflow. We just use the option of the import manager which just checks out the records after import.

Best regards,

Iris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iris,

I tried one option for this and you dont need to change the functions or roles of Business users. When any business user logged into data manager, in order to compare with the original, select the checked-out record, right click on it and select All Versions. You will get one additional record which display the original version, now select both the records and right click, select Compare Records. It will display the same result as that of Compare Original.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja