cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to process sales without posting to FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guyz,

Please i have this issue from my client, they are telecoms coy, when they bring in phones for sale, they want to give some to their employees to test for some days to confirm that the quality is ok. After the testing, this phone are to be returned to the plant/storage location. When this sales is processes, it should not generate accounting documents, so no posting to FI and after testing sd should return them back to the company for sale.

Please how can i handle such?

Thanks

Maureen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

You can handle this situation with the proforma invoice in which there are no accounting postings.

In standard F8 , F5 are the proforma billing document types and will be used for the scenario which yo mentioned.

Create the sales order -

> delivery->proforma billing--> and complete the proforma invoice.

Then the whole cycle wil be completed.

Hope it will be useful for your requirement.

Please revert if you need further clarifications.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tnx for ur reply, how will i process this item back to the plant when the testing is over? no fi doc should be generated.

Maureen.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Tnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maureen,

The answer to your problem can be very well handled by CONSIGNMENT Process of SAP.

1. Consignment Fill up : Give Telephone instrumnets to employee ( no AC posting)

2. Consignment Issue : ( Dont DO this step)

3. Consignment Return : ( Take return back the instruments)

4 Consignment Pick up : Close the process

This will help u to solve ur query.

Thanks,.

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create a new document type sales for giving handsets to customers and then create a sales order>>>>>delivery>>>>proforma invoice.

so that no accounting entries are posted to FI.

but at the time of PGI accounting entries will be generated.

WHen they return after testing create a returns sales order and returns delivery

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maureen,

Go to VOFA, select your billing document. In General control you can see a Posting block. Check the check box Posting block save it. It won't post any values to FI.

Thanks,

Swamy H P