cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Long Description for values

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I see the long description for the values of one object on which text variable of type replacement path has been created. the info object is being used as part of structure with one key figures..so while displaying in the report the description is coming as short which is not sufficient for our values...so how to make it long...??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also i just observed that in my master data for that infoobject the long description is not loaded properly..i checked the flat file and transfer rules..all r correct but still long text is not loaded properly for some rows and for some rows its fine..

thanks

rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

this has already been done as i said in my previous message...still it is showing as short description..any other suggestions..?..i repeat that info object is being used in structure with text variable (replacement type) created on it.

thanks

rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

that has already been checked and also in Business Explorer tab i've made Bex Description as Long description..but still it is showing as short text in query..any further suggestions on it.Am using this infoobject in structure..and created text variable with replacement type on it. The variable is only replacing short text and not long.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rohit K,

how r u ?

1. Go to change mode of the InfoObject

2. Select Business Explorer tab

3. Select in BEX Description - Long Description & CTRL+F3.

Hope this could solve your problem.

Best Regards....

Sankar Kumar

+91 98403 47141

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

Are you looking to display long text for infoobject instead of short description ?

Then go tp rsd1>infoobject>display/change-->master data/texts -->text table properties -->check long text exists.

It supports a long text field with a length of 60 characters

Activate the infoobject

--Doodle

Message was edited by: Doodle