cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change the instance profile through RZ10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I chenged the instance profiles through RZ10 .

RZ10>INSTANCE PROFILE>EXTENDED MAINTENANCE>CLICK ON CHHANGE>SELCTED THE PARAMETER NAME>CHANEGE THE PARA METER VALUE>CLICK ON COPY . then i stop the instance and start the insance but changes are not refelected.

Regards,

Asif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sorry ,

After copy ->just save it-->it will prompt to display incorrect param >say yes and check->it will prompt to activate the profile.

later restart.

this will definitely reflect the param.

Regards

Zia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to change paramater values *abap/buffersize* but iam not able to get the save button it is greyed out.

Regards,

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

After copy>press back button>then save it>it will say incorrect parametres>say yes-->then it will ask to activate the parameter activate.

Regards

Zia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asif,

After clicking on copy then press back button, then you can see save button. Save it & it will ask to activate it.

Thansk

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes now i got it. After that i have stop the instance and start instance for the changes has been stored for ever.

Regards,

Asif

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asif,

It seems you have missed few steps.

After making chnages & copy in RZ10, you need to click on save. Then system will ask Do you want to activate the profile? Here Click on Yes & it will the update the version of profile.

As told by Joe, check those profile values at OS level & change it again if those are not changed.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c4/3a6254505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems you missed a few steps from RZ10.

There should have been a few other questions like 'Activate .. ?'

Properly leave transaction RZ10 before restarting the system.

Anyway, you may look at operating system level if profile has been changed.

hope this helps

Edited by: Joe Bo. on Jun 5, 2009 9:08 AM