Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Idoc Testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Can anyone pls let me know how to test Inbound Idocs.

I am writing a ZFM to process orders01 idocs coming from the external system. After writing the code, how can i test the same for the IDOC that has to come . I mean to say : Idoc will not be available at the port in real time now (only once the system is up ,the Idoc really come). SO , what is the way to test the program developed for Inbound processing of Idoc of a certain type ?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Firstly attach your idoc to a process code.

In the process cod eyou can tell the system that the specified program should be triggered whenever an idoc of that type comes to the system.

Then you can test in we19 transaction.

Enter your idoc type and enter all the values in the subsequent screen.

YOu can press the inbound processing button after you fill all the test data for the idoc.

REgards,

Ravi

5 REPLIES 5

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Firstly attach your idoc to a process code.

In the process cod eyou can tell the system that the specified program should be triggered whenever an idoc of that type comes to the system.

Then you can test in we19 transaction.

Enter your idoc type and enter all the values in the subsequent screen.

YOu can press the inbound processing button after you fill all the test data for the idoc.

REgards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks much Ravi .

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use WE19, copy any existing Idoc, and then use your FM to test it.

If there isn't any then make an file on the server, which actually will be generated by Outbound processing.

Regards,

Naimesh

0 Kudos

make a file on server ? Is it making some flat file ..I m not clear on this ...can u pls elaborate ?

0 Kudos

hello,

If you are using File port, then this is applicable. In the file port, you have to give the Physical directory, in this directory all Outbound idoc are stored. So, you can make one file like that.

Hope it is clear ..!

Regards,

Naimesh