Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM WorkFlow

NarendraChandel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is to switch Off the MDM workflow through MDM Java APIs while updating and record and then needs to switch it On.

Can you please give me some suggestion on this.

Regards

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Could you please elaborate more on your exact requirement?

We can perform function such as Create Workflow Action, Launch Workflow, Send to next step, Assign, Accept, etc on a MDM Workflow. Do you want to perform any of these or any other requirement?

Regards,

Arafat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

NarendraChandel
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

actaully while updating a existing record i am getting a error message that record is locked.

and this happens due to the workflow. so just wanted to know if i can disabled this workflow while updating the records and then enable it using MDM JAVA APIs.

or else could you please other solution for the above said problem.

regards

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

As of my knowledge there are no APIs available to create or modify workflow records, you can only get the properties of these records and there are APIs to play with the workflow tasks. But ideally if you want to trigger the workflow when you will use Data Manager to update the record then the workflow should get launched while updating records from Java APIs as well and if you are getting update error then you need to change the code to update the records properly but should not by pass the firewall(workflow) to insert incorrect data.

If you dont want to trigger workflow when you use Java APIs then you need to remove the update trigger action from the data manager only but this will not launch workflow even when you update the record from data manager.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja