Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quotation generation from Projects

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My client wants to create project, plan the cost and then generate Quotation in the system with reference to this Project. (Sometimes they get inquiries directly and most of the times, they go for quotation based on the advertisements in the news paper/website etc..)

For this purpose we'll have to create DIP profile.

As I have never worked before with this scenario, I request you all to give me your suggestions on where to start & how to proceed. One thing I want to tell you, we are following milestone billing, So DIP will be used only for generating quotation.

Following are my question:

1)What are the complexities involved in DIP profile creation?

2)Is it mandatory to use ECP for cost estimation, to generate quotation from the system? Or I can use any other method also, like n/w costing?

3)In case, If it is mandatory to use ECP, then once the quotation get converted to order, do i again need to do cost planning?

4)In case if the quotation didn't get converted to order, then can i delete the project? Or Can I use the same project number for next project? In other words, if I didn't get the order, how will I close my project?

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Ans- Its not at all complex, just go through the threads already posted for DIP,

That will give you detail procedure for DIP.

One problem in using DIP is, during billing if u want the list of resources then u cant get.

2)Is it mandatory to use ECP for cost estimation, to generate quotation from the system? Or I can use any other method also, like n/w costing?

Ans- ECP is required, by n/w costing u cant create quotation through DIP.

3)In case, If it is mandatory to use ECP, then once the quotation get converted to order, do i again need to do cost planning?

Ans- ECP itself is cost planning, no need to do cost planning again.

4)In case if the quotation didn't get converted to order, then can i delete the project? Or Can I use the same project number for next project? In other words, if I didn't get the order, how will I close my project?

Ans- U have to close the project by changing the status of the project,

and if u dont have any problem by using the same project, then you can replan for the new project

in the same project structure

Ashis

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish

Thanks for your reply.

Ans- Its not at all complex, just go through the threads already posted for DIP,

That will give you detail procedure for DIP.

One problem in using DIP is, during billing if u want the list of resources then u cant get.

Can anybody give steps for this?

ECP itself is cost planning, no need to do cost planning again.

Yes I'm aware of the fact that ECP itself is one of the cost planning method. May be i didn't put question properly. I'll put it here again, see ECP is broader level planning. I want to go for detailed planning & I prefer n/w costing as it's best. My question is, when I do cost estimation with ECP for quotation, can I use n/w costing when I structure my project in detail? Since cost plan is already done with ECP, how do I cancel that one & use n/w costing for executing the project. I hope I made point clear to you.

ECP is required, by n/w costing u cant create quotation through DIP

Just now I read on SAP help, ECP is mandatory only when you do not have an inquiry in the system. Otherwise we can use any cost planning if we inquiry in the system.

Ans- U have to close the project by changing the status of the project,

and if u dont have any problem by using the same project, then you can replan for the new project

Can u elaborate more on this pls?

Thanks