cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subject in Alert Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured Alert and receiving alert successfully as an Email.

In my sceanario, i m triggering alert in BPM and need to pass payload as an Email body so used container.

and ticked Dynamic Text option in ALRTCATDEF.

So now I m getting email with Pay load.

But i need to put my subject line in Email.

Please guide me for same.

Regards,

Manisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Putting subject along with using Dynamic text option is not available till PI 7.0.

This facility is available in PI 7.1.

In this u need not to check dynmic text option, and use container variable to specify dynamic body text.

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

If you want to change the subject of the alert.

You have to trigger the RFC SALERT_CREATE of XI system using RFC lookups.

refer-->/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Regards,

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

goto tcode ALRTCATDEF, under your alert category uncheck the Dynamic text checkbox.

Once unchecked, you will be able to see Long and Short Text tab next to Container tab.

Under the Long and Short Text tab you create your subject line in the Message Title section

(If Dynamic text checkbox is checked then you wont be able to see the Long and Short Text tab)

Regards,

Gautam Purohit

( Please close the thread if the question is answered )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam/ Umar,

I know whatever u have told me...but i need mail body as payload...so for this purpose i need to check Dynamic text..no other option...

and once it is ticked...Short and long text feature is disable so i can set for subject...

but using Dynamic text option...i did to give subject for mail..

Is it possible?

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can not do these both in ALRTCATDEF,

one way out is create generic mail interface and call it in your BPM (but you have to pass all parameter e.g. receiver,subject,body)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

In Tcode ALRTCATDEF while creating alert category , there a tab 'Long and Short Text'

U need to enter the Message Title which will be the Subject line for Alert Raised.

Regards,

Syed