cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple file Zipping ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to zip multiple files in a file to file scenario (sending multiple files and receiving it in a single zipped format) ? What is the adapter configuration for this ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

use zip.mode as zipALL

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/da9358a1772e97e10000000a155369/content.htm

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SIndhu,

PayLoadZipBean module developed by SAP will be used to ZIP individual files, it can't ZIP all files in to single file as if like WinZip or WinRar.

You need to enhance the feature by adapter module development.

Regards

Praveen K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all....

I am sending 3 xml file as input for that I am getting 3 seperate zipped files. But I want all the three xml files in a single zip.

And also I didn't understand the use of the "Advance selection for source file". Please explain that too. I searched in the SAP help but i couldn't find.

Regards,

Sindhu

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Advance selection for source file

check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

From the above Link:

Advanced Selection for Source File
If you want to set an exclusion mask for theFile Name specified above, or if you want to specify multiple 
directories using a file name mask and exclusion mask, set the Advanced Selection for Source File 
indicator.

u25CB       Specify an Exclusion Mask for the file name specified above.
You want to process all files that have the extension '.txt', but want to exclude all files that begin with the 
letter 'a'. To do this, enter *.txt for File Name, and a* for Exclusion Mask.

u25CB       You can enter additional specifications for source directories, file name screens, and exclusion 
screens in the table. These entries are processed in addition to the information specified above.

Regards,

Abhishek

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to inlcude the three filename in the Advance Selection for Source File and then configure the Adapter Module parameter....as of now your files are getting converted to zip but they are picked up one after the other...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...Sindhu,

Provide multiple files in Advanced Selection for Source File and add files that are to be picked up in the sender communication channel.

In the receiver communication channel, give file name scheme as .zip.

In the odule tab of the reciever, add the below module before the callsapadapter.

Module Name: loacalejbs/AF_Modules/PayloadZipbean

Module Key: Zip (key to handle module and its parameters)

Under Parameters Tab,

give

ModuleKey -- Zip

Parameter Name -- zip.mode

ParameterValue -- zipAll

Regards,

Leela

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this Blog:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework

To zip multiple files into one file refer this SAP note:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/965256

From the above SAP Note:
Example 2: zipping all payloads into a zipped payload
..name: zip.mode
..value: zipAll

..name: zip.filenameKey
..value: contentType

When the original message contains two payloads and the main payload has content-type 
application/xml; name="test_document.xml", the payloads are replaced with a single new zipped 
payload with filename "test_document.xml.zip" that contains all the original payloads.

Regards,

Abhishek.