cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Input Tax - Tax Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

I configured the tax calculation in SRM to "'Tax Calculation Occurs in R/3" and I already set the tax code in relation to the product category. If i view the SC, I can see the tax amount but it does not add it to the gross price. Do I need to create a separate condition type again and add to the calculation schema? I always thought that the input tax would, by default, be added to the gross price to come up with the net price.

Regards,

Marvin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

^ just to add, event though there is a tax amount in the purchase order (as calculated by the system). my gross price and net price are the same, which is incorrect.

where can I control that?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope you made setting in srm also?

tax codes in srm must sync with r/3 tax codes

Assign Enterprise Buyer Tax Code to FI System

In this activity, you assign the tax codes used in Enterprise Buyer to tax codes in the Financial Accounting system.

Financial Accounting can either be incorporated into a backend system or a separate FI system.

Standard settings

If you do not carry out any assignment, the system assumes that the tax codes in the FI system are identical to the tax codes in Enterprise Buyer.

Activities

These settings are optional.

for eg : in basic data of sc

tax =?

tax amt =?

price =?

qty=?

total sc amt=?

currency specific with country if possible .there are some extra config for brazil i believe

IS it limit sc?

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I made all the necessary settings. Actually, when you view the Shopping Cart, the calculations are correct: (see sample below)

Total Net Value: 1,187.20

Tax Amount: 142.46

Total Gross Value: 1,329.66

However, when the SC was converted to a PO, the gross price and the net price is the same, which is 1,187.20.

The tax amount was calculated separately and it does not appear in the PO printout.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good marvin

Are you in classic mode or extended classic? version plz?

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extended Classic

SAP SRM 5.0

Thanks!

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi marvin

can you see tax field in SRM PO ?

if it so what is the value or not not all showing tax amount field in the user interface ?

any document type -field controls of your tax field.

for all po or only this product category po?

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I could see the tax amount in the SRM PO. It is correctly calculated. However, the amount does not add to the net price of the item to get the total amount.

Everything I did was standard configuration, there are no exceptions for field control on the doc type.

Regards,

Marvin

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very Strange Marvin. What is your service pack. are you geting this problem for all vendors for all product categories.

what abt your sos ? what type of sc it was goods services / describe ?

SAP Note 925004 - Gross price is overwritten by net price

in transfer

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in component level SAPKIBKT12. I think that's the latest.

this problem happens for all vendors and all products. As I said, if you look at the shopping cart, the amounts are correct (gross price, tax amount, net price).

Once the shopping cart is converted to a PO, the gross price and net price become equal. tax amount is correct but not added to total price.

Weird indeed.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No worries.

SAPKIBKT12 - srm_server

SAPKIBKS12 check wuith basis what component it belongs too.

1113340 - check this note

are you creating po from sourcing cockpit ?

dont hesitate to create oss message in the background .

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some PO's created from Sourcing, some are automatically created. But both have the same problem with tax.

I've already raised an OSS message, still awaiting for their response though. Thanks!

Regards,

Marvin

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good. Please update sap reply here . it may help others.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the issue is resolved. The problem here is just consistency of terms when it comes to gross and net price, there are no technical errors it seems.

Just to share to everyone, in the Shopping Cart, if you view one line item subject to input tax, you would see the following lines:

Shopping Cart:

Total Value (Net): 100 PHP

Tax Amount (Input Tax 12%): 12 PHP

Total Value (Gross): 112 PHP

However, when you convert this shopping cart to a purchase order you can see that:

Purchase Order:

Gross Price: 100 PHP

Net Price: 100 PHP

Tax Amount: 12 PHP

The official definition of net price in SAP would be, amount of item after discounts and surcharges. Since there are no discounts nor surcharges, gross price and net price should be the same. Just to be clear, gross value from the Shopping Cart is not to be confused with Gross Price in the purchase order.

This might be elementary to some, but for us non-accountants and new to SRM, this might help.

Regards,

Marvin