cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI and MCOD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, I have a question:

Can I install an XI3.0 NW04 in a MCOD Server that have a one NW App Server Abap like server for Web Developments and one EP6.0?

I have this reasonable doubt, because in XI3.0 Installing Guide dont tell about the installation possibility between XI and other NW component under MCOD mechanism.

Best Regards,

Ulises Colina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ulises

You can definitely use MCOD for all NW components. You need to make sure to use a different database schema for every component.

Look for ABAP and Java Add-In Installation guides. If you look in XI document for MCOD, you will not find this information. Since XI resides on WAS (ABAP + Java Add In) you should be looking for that documentation.

Regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan, Thanks for you Reply.

I did found in SAP XI3.0 Installation Guide, one warning that copy exact to original text:

Page 16: "SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 Installation Guide

2. Installation Preparation

Prepare the SAP Web AS ABAP + J2EE system (J2EE Add-In) for SAP Exchange Infrastructure

Warning:(!)

• Never use any business system with a Unicode SAP Web AS 6.40 basis as installation host."

This warn, is that cause my doubt Shravan, because in my MCOD server, I have one Web AS Abap 6.40 like web development server, in this case, this is an Business System for XI?,

What you think Shravan?

Regards, Ulises

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulises,

as far as i know, the feature to run XI on the same SAP system is available for XI as of NW04S. Check the release notes here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/47/eaae42edc6b211e10000000a155106/content.htm

But MCOD means you only use the database but install a separate system with an own system ID, so that is not the same....

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine, you are right, because I have NW 2004 only (not 2004s), but, then I'm confused now, because in the previous replies, tells me (in general way) that is possible install all NW components in MCOD.

Regards, Ulises.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shravan and Christine for your help.

The solution is install the XI component in a NW App Server stand alone, minus complicated.

Best Regards,

Ulises.

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ulises,

This comment refers to the option of using MCOS (multiple components one system). In this case you are using both mySAP ERP 2004 and SAP NetWeaver XI 3.0 in a unicode single shared ABAP and JAVA stack. This option is available as of SAP NetWeaver '04 SR1.

It's a pretty cool option to have.

MCOD (multiple components one database) is where the application only share a database and have separate ABAP/JAVA stacks per application. this option has been available for some time.

I hope this helps,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike, Thanks for your help, let me copy the answer of Manuel Garcia de SAP Global Support about this same question, because now Im some confused with the help answers.

"21.04.2006 - 09:23:47 CET SAP

Hi Jesús, Ulises

For the XI you need a Web Application Server, where is only running XI.

Please consult the Master-Guide of NW04 (chapter 3.4.2)

Best Regards,

Manuel García Guardiola

SAP Active Global Support - Netweaver Web Application Server"

Waiting for you comment, and one more time Thanks for your help.

Regards, Ulises.

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ulises,

I talked with Manuel and he was stating the recommendation from the master planning guide. This is a recommendation due to it's typical high availability and intra-business critical messaging installation interfacing with many systems nature. It is a recommendation but not mandatory. Obviously you need to consider the requirements you have and any potential limitations that an embedded solution might entail (e.g. how to handle upgrades, maintenance, downtime, etc).

Note: You cannot use embedded SAP NetWeaver XI in mySAP ERP 2004 prior to SR1.

I hope this helps,

Mike.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike, Im clear now, I did install XI 3.0 NW04 in a stand alone server, but, for techical and own reasons, I will follow your recommendation and I'll install in other box XI 3.0 and one Web App Server Abap in MCOD technical way.

Soon I comment to you as it was the result.

Thanks Again Mike!.

Ulises.