cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods replacement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to work out a solution regards the goods replacement. In our scenario, customer A order a material A, then the goods delivery to customer through normal process, and paid by customer. Few days after, customer told us the goods have some quality problem. Then we need to send another batch of goods to them, the old one will not be returned. I have some idea,

Solution 1.

Create a credit memo for old goods and create another sales item for new.

Solution 2.

Creaet a new free of charge item.

Solution 3.

Goods issue to sales order through movement type 231.

Could you give me advise which solution is better, or have another best practices to do that. thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Portfolio,

There is one standard process in SAP known as subsequen delievry free of charge. Where there is no need of creating Credit memo. Please refer

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/dd/55fe69545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your advise, I would like know any benifit of this approach? Thank!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Portfolio:

By doing subsequent delivery free of charge The benefits you will get is if the customer is to receive replacement goods then no need to create credit memo.You enter a reason for rejection for the items in item details.Then we create a Free of charge subsedquent delivery with reference to return order to send the replacement goods to the customer.

The number of accounting entries will be less and you dont have to bother bout changing the item category or thinking about the movement type. System will take care of it, iff you are following standards.

Another benefit is you can give delivery block for this, which on approval can be ommited.

Create Subsequent DFC, with respect to the return order. The Doc type is SDF

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

How can we manage if customer return the old material? In the described process, in order to be able to manage SDF, in the return order the positions must be rejected. Then SDF is done refered to return order. But in this case we cannot manage an inbound delivery related to the old material to our warehouse.

The only result is then:

- Return order + inbound delivery + credit note, or

- Return order + Subsequent delivery free of charge + outbound delivery

How can we implement: Return order + inbound delivery (for returned material) + SDF + outbound delivery?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Alberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would like to know what was the solution to this question, I am facing the same problem.

Once reason for rejection is set in the returns order and create an order type SD with reference to that returns, then the document will have a "completed status" , no longer possible for me to process it for inbound delivery.

Whereas If I created an inbound delivery for the returns SO, then I will also not be able to copy the returns order to the subsequent delivery order coz, subsequent documents will then be updated for the returns SO.

For the copy control, SD-RE, routine 304 is set.

Need help. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would like to know what was the solution to this question, I am facing the same problem.

Once reason for rejection is set in the returns order and create an order type SD with reference to that returns, then the document will have a "completed status" , no longer possible for me to process it for inbound delivery.

Whereas If I created an inbound delivery for the returns SO, then I will also not be able to copy the returns order to the subsequent delivery order coz, subsequent documents will then be updated for the returns SO.

For the copy control, SD-RE, routine 304 is set.

Need help. Thanks.