cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple question: Re-create par file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have downloaded a par file from the portal and extracted the files using WinRar. I have then changed the jsp file present inside the extracted folder. Now how do i create the par file again so that I can upload it back to the portal.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Follow the below steps

1.Find the PAR file .

2.In the NWDS Import the PAR file now using File->import from par file option.(you have to mention a par file name while creating the project)

3.make necessary modifications.

4. Add necessary Jar file (from the lib folders of the extracted folder)

5. Right click on the par file project-> Quick par file upload.

6. Configure server settings -> DEP, portalserver, port numbr

7. Deploy.

8. go to portalapps.XML.

9. Components-> run.

AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After you have download the par file , please do the use win rar to extract the files and make changes.

Please do follow the following steps to make changes to the existing par file :

Hi,Follow the below steps

1.In the NWDS Import the PAR file now using File->import from par file option.(you have to mention a par file name while creating the project)

2. Add external jar and netweaver libraries to that are required to build the project (from the lib folders of the extracted folder/)

3.make necessary modifications.

4. Right click on the par file project-> Quick par file upload.

5. Par file is created and ready for deployment

7. Deploy.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Ritushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you create the par project?

Did you use NWDS to create the project?

if so Right click on the project you created and Quick Par file Upload. You have to mention the server to which you have to upload the par file.

If you face any error in running the par file, make sure that you have properly imported jar files from the par file.

The normal import from par file will not import the jar files from the par file so you have to mannually import this.( Convert the par file into zip file and get the jar file frm it.)

AM