cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is DB_ENTRY_QUEUING?

former_member699142
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am trying to evaluate the performance of some defined processes and have what I hope is an easy question. IN the XML Log, I see the entry for DB_ENTRY_QUEUING. What is happening during this time? Our process is coming in from an external application through XI and into ECC. Is the DB_ENTRY_QUEUING time spent waiting to get into ECC or is it actual executing the process in ECC during that time?

Thanks in advance for you time.

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For some more info:

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey David,

I am facing a similar issue with our PI and ECC system. Messages flow from PI to ECC. They leave PI without delay. But when they come to ECC they are delayed for 40 min.s at the step DB_ENTRY_QUEUING "begin" Any suggestions on how to resolve it? The QoS is EOIO. Would it help to add the parameter eo_inbound_parallel (This parameter is recommended for EO messages)?

Koti

former_member699142
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers. I think I now know what it is doing in this step. Now I just need to figure out why it is taking so long.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

as we all know that message processing is based on queue mechanism and queue is dependent on available resources / work process / locks...etc.

so when db_entry_queue ,message is waiting for free resource to be process, or if you are doing heavy processing with synch scenario it shows in queue during the time of processing.