cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter barCode Not Found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am developing a WDJ application for Intermec CK61 device on NetWeaver CE 7.1 box. The requirement is to read a 2D barcode and then parse it for display to user via a view. I am using Intermec Browser version 1.01.02.

I have followed [this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/949f8421-0a01-0010-59ad-f961a4834c13] SAP example. However, when I scan a barcode using the CK61 barcode scanner, the barcode contents do not appear. I can see the onRead event being triggered, then the screen refreshes, then nothing.

I understand onRead has two parameters: barCode and type. Now, in the wdDoModifyView method, the type parameter returns correctly the barcode type to my context (i.e. PDF417) and am able to display it to the user. However, the barCode parameter just won't return anything.

Has anyone experienced this before? Do I need to do anything special to make it work? I provide my code below for wdDoModifyView and the action assigned to the onRead event:

My action has two parameters: scanData and scanType (both Strings) to which I map barCode and type respectively:

public static void wdDoModifyView(IPrivateBarCodeView wdThis, IPrivateBarCodeView.IContextNode wdContext, com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDView view, boolean firstTime)
  {
    //@@begin wdDoModifyView
	  if (firstTime)
	  {  
		  IWDBarCodeReader barCodeReader = (IWDBarCodeReader) view.getElement("BarCodeReader_Scan");
		  barCodeReader.mappingOfOnRead().addSourceMapping(IWDBarCodeReader.IWDOnRead.BAR_CODE, "scanData");
		  barCodeReader.mappingOfOnRead().addSourceMapping(IWDBarCodeReader.IWDOnRead.TYPE, "scanType");
	  }
    //@@end
  }

On my view I have two context elements - Data & Type - that I set according to action parameters scanData and scanType respectively. These are both strings and are both bound to TextView elements:

public void onActionScanBarCode(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent, java.lang.String scanData, java.lang.String scanType )
  {
    //@@begin onActionScanBarCode(ServerEvent)
	  wdThis.wdGetContext().currentContextElement().setData(scanData);
	  wdThis.wdGetContext().currentContextElement().setType(scanType);
    //@@end
  }

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anesh_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using java webdynpro in netwaver 7.1 CE for developing a mobile handheld application

i need to read a barcode in my application

the barcode ui element is not available in my NWDS

I do have a mobile add on but it has only function key ui element

Could you please help me out on this

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was solved.

To solve, we replaced the following code in method wdDoModifyView:

Replace:

barCodeReader.mappingOfOnRead().addSourceMapping(IWDBarCodeReader.IWDOnRead.BAR_CODE, "scanData");

With:

barCodeReader.mappingOfOnRead().addSourceMapping("data", "scanData");

Edited by: Roman Dubov on Jun 9, 2009 12:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's strange. If there exists such an event parameter but no API constant, then it's a bug. Please open an OSS message.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have open a occ on SAP, however Sap haven not answer it.

Hello experts thnks for your advice

I have a problem, but I'm using the next:

Mc3000 symbol

Symbol pocket browser 2.02

windows mobile device center 6.1.6995 , beacuse I'm using vista

When I scan a bar code, apperar in the pocket browser the next excepction.

Parameter barcode not found

I have done everything that you recommended me, but I have not solve this problem

Thanks a lot my dear Expets

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the exact situation as you Coldplay, same model of mobile device, same exception, also opened an OSS yesterday, unfortunately this is a new development so my priority was low, as no business processes depend or are stopped by the issue, if I get an answer from SAP I'll let you know the solution, please if you get the solution first, share it with the community.

Thanks,

JV