cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jms setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in the receiver jms config under the "Processing tab" in my scenarion, it is mentioned -1 in the two fields below

Could anyone please tell me the what does -1 specify?

1. Under JMS Message Expiry Period (msecs), specify.

2. Specify the JMS Message Priority.

Thanks

kanan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kanan,

JMS Message Expiration Period is for setting expiry period of your receiver jms message. You need to specify this in milliseconds, default is 30000 milliseconds. Once you will set this expiration period, when messages are expired, they are removed from the queue and sent to the expiry address. Many different queues can be bound to an expiry address. These expired messages can later be consumed for further inspection.

JMS Message Priority, is very simple i.e you are setting the priority of JMS Message. so that receiver application may pick the messages from QUEUE based on high priority. So that you are processing high priority messages first and low priority messages last.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is from sap help:

Under Wait Before Reconnect (msecs), specify a period of time after which an attempt is made to reestablish a connection following a connection error on the JMS side.

If you enter -1, no attempt is made to reestablish the connection.

Your JMS provider must support the registration of an ExceptionListener for this.

If the JMS provider does not call the ExceptionListener registered by the JMS adapter when a connection error occurs, you can force the connection to be reestablished by setting the parameter Reconnect if Exception Text Starts With.

If a JMS exception is thrown when sending a message, the free text specified here is compared with the specified string. Once the period of time specified in Wait Before Reconnect (msecs) has passed, an attempt is made to reestablish the connection.

Only set this parameter if your JMS provider does not support the registration of an ExceptionListener.

Regards,

Kai