cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIS - Historical data( Data prior to activation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had successfully activated SIS. However we want to retrieve the past data(Historical data u2013 the data prior to the SIS activation).

Please let me know the process to update the info structures and update groups to pull the data prior to the activation of SIS.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Victor, this is really not as complicated as you might think. You don't have to do that thing with different versions in OLIX and, as correctly pointed out above, OLI7 is all that you would need to do for the sales orders. In OLI7 you can update the actual version (000) directly. It is not required to update another version.

Some important points.

1) You absolutely MUST have statistics group for both Customer and Material, otherwise nothing is going to work. So run a query and make sure you're not missing anything. Better yet, configure that field to be mandatory in MM01 and XD01.

2) When running OLI7, make sure to check 'Redetermine update group' and 'Update documents' checkboxes. In this way, if there were any documents that did not have the update group (VBAP-STAFO field), that field will be determined and updated.

3) If VBAP-STAFO field is blank, there will be no updates in any SIS for this order. Run a query to make sure the orders you expect to see in SIS have the correct update group in this field. Checking the above mentioned checkboxes usually takes care of fixing the inconsistencies, but in some cases it might even be necessary to force the update of this field by writing a custom ABAP report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jelena,

Thanks for the response. My issue resolved.

0 Kudos

Hi Jelena

I am having the same issue, but I just wanted to ask if I use version 000 in PROD, could I face any issue?

Or should I use another version and then bring it over?

Please let me know.

Thx

Carlos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Victor Collins,

Could you please guide me how to configure SIS and what are the configuration steps.

Please help me for SIS

Thanks

satya.s at aol.in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which SIS structures have you activated Victor , Standard ones or Custom build ?

In either case.

--> For updating the order related history use OLI7 and enter the structure name and Version '&(( ' ( Some thing other than the active version '000') .

Name of the run "Test"

Termination time , give "Current time + 1 hr".

You can use the data restriction based on Sales document #'s, sales org and company..

--> For deliveries OLI8 and for billing OLI9.

--> After the above steps all the historical data would be stored in the temporary version "&((".

If every thing goes fine till this step, you can transfer this temporary version data into active version "000" using the tcode OLIX. This is self descriptive.

Hope it will help you.. Let me know if you need any more details.

Regards,

Aj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aj,

Thanks for the response.

SIS structure activate for standard ones only.

I did the same way but somehow I am not getting the desired output.

Step-1:

Today we had created 3 sales orders for the same material and same sold-to. For the first sales order I had not assigned the u2018materials statistical groupu2019 in the material master. For the next two sales orders I assigned the u2018materials statistics groupu2019 then orders created.

1st order u2013 20 qty

2nd order u2013 12 qty

3rd order- 20 qty (for the same material)

When I run the transaction MCTA I am getting the quantity of 32 (2nd and 3rd order quantity only). This 32qty is after I activated SIS. However the desired output should be 52 (if considers the historical data too).

Step-2:

Using tcode OLI7, As you said I created a version &(( , for the Info structure S430,

I Named the run "Test"

Termination time , given "Current time + 10 min(since there is only one historical sales order).

given the data restriction based on Sales document #'s, sales org and company.

Step -3:

Using tcode OLIX I had given the info structure S430 and selected the u2018Copy versionu2019 which it takes me to the next screen.

Source info structure I had given S430

Source version 000

Target info structure S430

Target version &((

After I entered the sales org, distribution channel, division, material, sold-to. However still after doing this when I run MCTA and given the version &(( using the info structure S430 still I am getting the material quantity as 32 instead of 52.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aj,

I need some clarification from you.

Using OLIX when I copied the source version to the target version I am getting the message two records are copied.

I assume for these 2 records SIS activation has already been made. How the data of historical order is getting copied? Here we are not calling for the historical order at any time so please make me clear how this functionality works (tcode OLI7)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all you are updating the SIS structure S430 and verifying the data through MCTA tcode.

My understanding is MCTA tcode refers the SIS structure S001. You need to update this structure with the historical data to get all the information.

---> OLI7 actually updates the structure with temporary version if it is supposed to and OLIX transfers the data from temporary version to active version so that the data can be seen in the reporting through MCSI .

--> MCVR is nice t-code to verify which info-structures can be updated for each orders. Double click on each line to know more details.

Regards,

Aj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aj,

MCTA tcode refers SIS structure S001. However I forgot the tcode which refers the SIS structure S430. So after I execute MCTA transaction I am changing the info structure (goto u2013 other info structure u2013 there giving S430 and executing) so this provides the total order quantity and open orders quantity.

Please let me know if my way of doing is not correct.

In OLI7 I gave info structures S001 and S430 and saved under version &(R

Sales org u2013 1000, comp code u2013 0010, Sales document u2013 3718(Sales order which is not updated)

Given the name of the Run, termination time.

In the next step OLIX I gave the info structure S001 and check the u2018copy versionu2019

There I gave the source version &(R , sales org u2013 1000, Dist channel u2013 10, Division u2013 00, Sold-to u2013 1000019, Material u2013 70000001

Target Info structure u2013 S001 and target version as 000 and executed. I got the message zero records copied.

The same process repeated for info structure S430 also same message I got zero records copied.

I ran the tcode MCVR there still I unable to view the info structures S001 and S430. It seems it has not been updated.

I think I am missing some piece of information which is playing vital. Please help me to fix this issue.

Once again Thank you so much for the guidance given to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the issue is Sales order 3718 is not getting updated.

There are numerous reasons for a document to be not updated. Some of them are

--> The sold-to-Ptry customer statistics group is not relevant to update

--> The material statistics group is not relevant to update

--> The sales document type is not relevant to update.

or the combination of these three.

When I say "Not relevant to update " means we might have not maintained the update rules for that statistics group(Intentionally or mistake).

To verify the exact reason use T.Codes MCVCHECK03, MCVCHECK02, MCVCHECK01.

--> To verify the data in the SIS structures we generally use the standard reporting process.. using the T.Code MCSI,

Regards,

Aj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aj,

Thanks for the response.

I think I have not explained my question correctly.

1. For the SO#3718 I have not maintained material statics group and for SO#3717 and 3719 I have maintained the material statics group.

2. I have executed all the three Tcodes provided MCVCHECK03, MCVCHECK02, MCVCHECK01 there I havenu2019t get any error or warning message.

3. To verify the SIS structure I had executed the tcode MCSI there I find only two SIS info structures S501 and S502.

In my previous thread I had elaborated the entire process of doing steps in OLI& and OLIX. Are they correct? Or am I skipping any step there?

For the same customer and with a different material I had created another three orders. For the first order statistical group is not maintained in the material master and for the next two orders statistical group maintained in the material master. Even those three sales orders are also behaving the same manner.

Please advice what to be done to maintain update rules for statistics groups.

From the bottom of my heart I am thanking you for all the support given.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

Now I have to come from start.. I was under the assumption that you are already using the SIS system and just activated this standard INfostrucure and trying to populate historical data .

But now I realize that you r trying to understand and learn the SIS process.. right ..... Sorry if I got this wrong.

If you are trying to understand the process, better to create your own Info-Structure and do your R&D.

Before loading any data you need to verify whether they are activated or not through OMO1. Here you can see all the structures that you have control to activate/deactivate in SD.

The structure S430 is meant for IS-Oil solution. and each standard structure was created for specific standard purpose like (S066 - Credit management , S260- SD orders transfer to BW.. etc)..

The S501 and S502 you saw in your system were the one's that were created by your colleagues .

Let me give you some links to understand them..

/message/3654910#3654910 [original link is broken]

-

Regarding loading the Historical data, once the structure is activated, OLI7,8,9 and OLIX are the only steps that you need to do..

-

Regards,

Aj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aj,

This exercise is not at all for practice purpose. All structures are activated before.

I had configured this in my development server. My only issue is for a material ABC we had not updated the statistical group in material master. Now we activated the statistical group for ABC material. I can able to retrieve the records through tcodes MCTA,(Including other tcodes like MCTBu2026) and these records consists of all data for material ABC generated AFTER the assignment of statistical group in the material master.

For the same material BEFORE the activation of statistical group, we created several sales orders. Idea is how to pull the historical records for the material ABC which gives the total records like sales orders and quantity from the beginning to till today.

Please advice.

Thanks.