cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why "Business System" under "Party"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding, the "Party" in IB-Config is mainly used for B2B integration and "Service without Party" is mainly used for A2A integration.

Under B2B scenario, one won't know the details of the application details of the partner's application, therefor we use "Business Service" , similarly for A2A scenario, one has the knowledge of the applications within the same organization and thereyby we use "Business System" in ID.

If my above statement is true ,then why do we have "Business System" under "Party" while defining the Collaboration Profile Objects in Integration Directory and similarly why do we have "Business Service" under "Service without party"?

Thanking all of you in advance.

SR

PS: I think I posted the above query in wrong place, here it goes again...thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If my above statement is true ,then why do we have "Business System" under "Party" while defining the Collaboration Profile Objects in Integration Directory and similarly why do we have "Business Service" under "Service without party"?

You are right. Usually there is no Business System under Party.

But there might be some exotic configurations where you can use it. For example in a PI - PCK connection where the PCK is inhouse, so the Business System connected to the PCK is known in the PI.

A Business Service without Party could be an Internet Web Service.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first is the understanding of why exactly we need a party - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/08/b2b-and-the-hype-about-the-party

to answer your main question of why we need a Business system or service under a party, if you read through this blog - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/09/16/virtual-receiver--why-do-you-really-need-it you will find how they are interwoven

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
why do we have "Business Service" under "Service without party"?

We can assign Business Services to a Service With Party (read it as Party)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/fe/131eb4ef2fb344abf471c9eac0063a/content.htm

From above link:
When you create a business service you can
·        Define a communication party if you want to assign the service to a party
·        Leave the party field empty if you want to define the service as a Service Without Party.

You see such a structure in ID because we normally do not use a Party....

Just right Click on Party tab and say new -

-

Give name ---> Click OK -

-

in the same that then opens fill some dummy details in the three columns and say save

Then check what structure you see under the Party node!!

It will have:

Business System

Business Service

Integration Process....

Hopefully your doubt solved:)

Regards,

Abhishek.