cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating content between repositories

andrew-mccarron
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am looking to migrate archivelink contents (dart, printlists, reorg data, dms documents) from one content server to another.

Note 1043676 supplies program zmigrate_archivelink_files which appears to be able to migrate older content that is based on the toa0x linkage tables. This helps since I have content going back to 3.1. Unfortunately the linkage entries for newer data archiving (SARA) output moved to admi_files.

Has anyone migrated data archiving files from one repository to another. Just looking for tools which can help or any "gotchas".

Or is anyone familiar with how SARA maintains links to stored data. I would like like to verify that the only linkage is through table admi_files. I have already started altering zmigrate_archivelink_files to handle table admi_files. and the changes look pretty straight forward.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

if you want to migrate a storage category from a content server to another maybe reports RSCMSEX and RSCMSIM could be useful for you. For further details please see also SAP note 445057.

Best regards,

Christoph

andrew-mccarron
Explorer
0 Kudos

Christoph,

I assume rscmsex and rscmsim are designed to handle an entire repository only. Does it maintain the doc ids and the only changes are in the repository location?

I think this would be useful for some of the content I am moving since I can probably load it all. I still have a problem with one repository since I can't load all content online at a given time - but the zmigrate_archivelink_file will handle these properly.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Did you successfully change zmigrate_archivelink_files program to point to admi_files. We are also in process to do the same. Could you please provide your suggestions or point us to the changes you made?

Thanks.

Sanjeev Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Go through the below link, i think it would help you.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/59/fba637fcf7dc39e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Regards

Keerthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please check the following geuss will solve u.

1.data migration use program DMS_KPRO_Convert.

2.Transfering data from one Repository to other use program DMS_Relocate_Convert.

Benakaraja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Please have a look whether function module ARCHIVOBJECT_COPY is of any help.

Thanks,

Naveen