cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales rep credit for product sold

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have instances where we sell products represented by two different sales representatives into the same customer. We have always used the "bill-to" as the link to the appropriate sales rep but now must find another way. We feel we can do this at order entry time line by line but then must link this appropriately in the KE30 report.

Does anyone have any documentation or locations I can go to in order to get this done?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i did not quite fully understand your requirement. please confirm if the following is correct...

1. you have 2 sales representatives assigned to the same customer

2. for a line item in the sales order, you want to credit the sale to just 1 sales rep or both?

3. you mentioned that the bill-to as a "link"... how exactly do you link the bill-to to the sales rep?

4. if you could find a better way, will you stop using KE30 as a tool?

what normally is done in SD is to define the sales rep as a partner (either by defining an account group, or by using HR master data). you then include this partner function in the customer master and/or sales document/item. you have the option of having the entry in customer master copied into the sales order, or you may manually enter it.

you can then use standard or enhanced queries to see the link between the order item and the partner.

hope this helped.

regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathan,

Thank you for your response. Let me give you a little more info. We only have one sales rep assigned to an account but because of the products we sell we may have one rep selling one line to a customer and another rep selling another line to a customer. We need to be able to credit sales rep a for product line a sold to the customer and credit sales rep b for product line b sold to the same customer.

The sales rep is linked to the bill-to in the customer master record.

The KE30 report is standard SAP reporting as far as I know and we would prefer to keep to that method.

The big question is how do i get this line item information to link to the profitability analysis (KE30) so that I can call out each sales rep and what products they sold and how much revenue was generated?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, friend.

if your product lines are represented by different divisions (ergo, different sales areas), you can assign separate sales reps per sales area (and to the bill-to, if you wish).

i am not familiar with KE30, as it is basically an FICO transaction... but if you can include the bill-to party in the analysis, it might be possible to bring in the sales rep, too. this is possible in the standard SD queries (a possible logic being "get partner function eq. sales rep, where partner function Bill-To eq. <value>".

i will research the matter and try to get back to you. in the meantime, i hope the others can give their valued inputs. i am very curious as well.

regards!

sunil_p4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create 2 or more reps with Partner function as R1, R2, R3 and so on and assing in the account group - partner determination. once the SO is created, those details will copy into the Sale order.

And similarly create 2 or more condition records with % (For Sales rep) and assing in the pricing procedure, also make it manual, so when ever R1 - Sales rep one does the sales you can - enter the RS01 - condition record with the % of price - follow with the Separate GL A/c.

In this way you can accomodate your requirement, and with the help of the Abaper develop a report to get the details at the month end or specified date to pull the details as of which rep has how done how much sales and hw much % he has acquired.

Please let us knw if this suits yours requirement...

Rgds

PSK