Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Using Web Service output and input to dynamic dropdown list

Hi All,

I've got a very simple scenario. I have a form that contains a single dropdown list of user names. This list of user names provided by a web service that requires a role name as input.

On the "Entry list" tab of the dropdown I have Dynamic scope selected and have specificed the web service I want to use. If I hard code a role name in the input field for the web service then it works fine. I get a dropdown of user names who belong to that role.

However, I want to get the role name from another web service before the form is processed. I've dropped the web service onto the screen. The start signal is being passed to it. It runs OK and passes its output (a role name) to my form. I use the role name as the input field for the web service on the dropdown list.

However, at run time it does not work. The web service on the dropdown is called but the value is blank. It appears that the form is rendered as soon as the iView is run which is before the role name from web service is returned.

I've tried putting the form in a nested iView and passing the role name into it using signals but get the same problem. Using both techniques if I add an input field to the form and map the role name to it then it shows me the correct role name being returned from the web service.

This must be possible but I'm doing it wrong. Has anyone got any ideas ?

Many Thanks

Gary

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question