cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Date while updating a record in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try updating a record for a 'X' attribute in MDM.And i use ModifyRecordCommand for this.Every time i execute this record gets updated.But UpdateDate field remain the same.And it is system generated.Do i need to do anything else in my code for this?

First time when record has no value for 'X' attribute update date is updated.Next time i execute this it remains the same.

Any inputs.

Thanks,

Rekha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked in SAP MDM Console for this field 'X' setting.It says under Change Tracking Setting as "No" under Track Modifies.

Whenever i do an update say for e.g. updating a value X with "test" for first time it updates the update date field.Next time i change the value of X to "test1" it again changes the update date field.Next time i simply try to rewrite X as "test1" only it does not changes.

Please clarify this.

Thanks,

Rekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rekha,

you need to check the field properties for the Update time stamp not the MDM Change Tracking in Admin.

Say ur Update field is in main table, go to main table point to the field and then you will see the field properties in field detail section and where it says 'Selected fields" make sure you either have the field you want to time stamp or all depending upon ur requirement.

-Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

Create a field " Update Date" (with type as Timestamp) in main table and make this field's properties as:

Writable once : No

Selected Fields: (From the drop down select the fields for which you want to track the changes)

Hope it clarifies..

Regards,

Nimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

Is this issue solved?

Regards,

Nimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimal,

I will check this today.And will get back.

Thanks for your inputs.

Regds,

Rekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the console and it says ALL.That means all the attributes will have the timestamp updated.

My question is :

I perform an update on an attribute Y in a record with the value "Test' it will update and have the timestamp also updated.

Next time i re run this and same value Test gets updated it does not updates the timestamp.

But if i change this value Test to Test1 it updates the timestamp.

Is it like when value change sonly it will be updated??Pls let me know.

Thanks,

Rekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case,I believe, an Update operation is the change in the value of a filed and not the time of access to a filed.

Regards,

Nimal

Edited by: Nimal Cline on Jun 19, 2009 7:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RekhaV,

If you want to track any field change when updated in MDM,you need to create that field in Console as a Timestamp field.

When you create this field you need to mention which all fields you want to track on attribute change and update the time stamp for them.

So from the lsit of fields from the drop down you can select the fields you want and then after saving this field property you need to save the field in console and then use it in your API.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this you have check the settings in console for this field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha

Please check the timestamp field in MDM console. we have to maintain list of selected fields, for which we want to record the change and update timestamp. may be attribute X is not part of that.

regards

Ravi