ur early help highly solicited.

Thanks and Regards,

Seshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you had not activated the Transaction Variant. You just mark "w. content" against division and press "Exit & Save". Then go to "Satndard Variants" tab under "Standard variants" and press Activate. Now save and test the Transaction VA01, you will see the defaulted value for Division.

Hope this will help you out.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it worked when I relogged in. But now I see a new problem although I assign it to one perticular user

by using usergroup. but it is working for all the users, pl. let me know the right procedure for restricting to particular users.

Thanks and Regards,

Seshu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

If you require to set user specific, then setting the Parameter id in SU3 is ideal way.

If you want is for all users then , make it a standard variant through SHD0 and assign to the Sales document type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the users many so I dont think SU3 is feasible, better let me know the assigning to usergroup in screen variant.

Thanks and Regards,

Seshu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, this is a standard variant and assigned to the transaction, this is why you see the effects for alll the users.

To restrict the effects to some users you first need to create a variant group, then create transaction variants with screen variants for this variant group, and finally assign the users to this variant group.

Steps are as follows:

A. Creating a Variant Group

1. Open transaction SHD0, enter the transaction code, and press enter.

2. Choose the Standard Variants tab page, and then the sub tab page Variant Groups, and enter a group name, such as GROUP1.

3. Choose Create. Enter a short text on the Maintain Variant Group window that appears and save the variant group.

B. Create the Transaction Variant as you already done, and activate it.

C. Assigning Users

Once you have created the variant group and the relevant transaction variants with screen variants, you now need to assign users to the variant group as follows:

1. Return to the Standard Variants tab page, Variant Groups sub tab page.

2. Enter the name of a user that you want to assign to this variant group, and choose Assign. A message that this user was successfully assigned to the variant group appears in the status bar. If you choose a where-used list for users, this user is displayed in the user list.

3. However, for the screen variants of the variant group that you created above to be displayed for the user, you first need to select Set Proposal. The user is assigned to the group and the associated transactions are started with the corresponding variants only once you choose the Set Proposal function.

You can use this procedure of user assignment for all other users that you want to add to the variant group.

Note: When you choose Execute on the selection screen, a list appears on which you can further restrict your selection of users by selection. To save the assignments for all selected users, choose Save.

Hope this will help you out.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks , It worked.

Regards,

Seshu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you try SU3 and add Parameter SPA = 00

That's a lot simpler than maintaining a screen variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it not more genaralised, I want to do this only for certain users that to while creating the sales order