Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages In Mobile Simulator

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developng an application in Netweaer Mobile .I am Using NWDS 7.1 CE SP07. The application I am developing requires some validation. How could I use the message pool in the IDE and also how to trigger the same out of it.

Regards,

Muhammed Nishad J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammed

Are you using laptop client or PDA client.

If you are using Mobile Applications for handhelds perspective you can use the getResourceBundle inside each view to get messages from message pool.

Regards

Vidyadhar

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using PDA, I read that we need to use resourcebundle . But how to use this. moreover, how this messages is displayed(in a textview , in a caption UI Element or something different).Could anyone elaborate on this.

Regards,

Muhammed Nishad

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the application code for a view you can use the method "getResourceBundle()" and using its APIs get the message as string.

Using WDLite.showMessage() API you can show the message as a pop up with choices of buttons.

Using WDLite.showStatusMessage() API you can show the message in the status bar at the top of container. This is mostly used to show application messages.

Regards,

Nipun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishad

Here is the sample code.

I created a message in message pool of UI component with key name "one".

In the java editor of view you can use this sample code.

String str = getResourceBundle().getString(I<YourComponent>CompMessages.MSG_KEY_one);

WDLite.showStatusMessage(0, str);

Regards

Vidyadhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammed Nishad,

What sort of validation do you want to add ?

According to my understanding, is it regarding some data which has reached you application on the

client ?

Correct me if im wrong ...

Thanks,

Swarna Shree

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I might be saving some data in my mobile device. Before saving the data I need to validate in the device. If the validation fails I need show an error message.{ I can see a message pool in the IDE, But I do not sure to work with that}.

Please have a solution or work around to show messages.

Regards

Muhammed Nishad J