cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in RFC to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have developed a scenario from RFC to File....

I cannot see any messages in the Runtime Workbench and also SXMB_MONI after execution.....

As I am new to SAP-PI I dont know what is the exact problem...

Could you please suggest me some solutions....

- Sudheer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any messages in SXMB_MONI of the sender (RFC system)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

ya I got where the actual problem is......

Actually there is a problem with RFC Program ID...It is not registered.....

Thats why I cant see messages in Moni.....

- Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

In my RFC to File Scenario still I cant see the messages in MONI......

When we create RFC destination through SM59.....we will fill gateway host and service

of R/3......Then we Configure the RFC Sender CC and fill same Program ID, Gateway host & service of R/3.

My doubt is,after this should I have to configure SM59 at XI side ???.....

I am getting confused in this RFC Settings between R/3 & XI....Can u explain the flow correctly.....

Please help me out.....

Thanks,

Sudheer.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer

-->In RFC Sender comunication channel maintain the PROGRAM ID and other required details.

-->In Your Sender system ie R/3 system create the RFC destination of type TCP/IP in that select the Radio Button REGISTER SERVER PROGRAM and give the same PROGRAM ID name which you had maintained in your sender RFC communication channel and also maintain the Hostname as XI systesm's and Gateway is SAPGW+ XI System ID..

-->Coming to PROGRAM ID this PROGRAM ID should be registered in your Visual Administrator for this contact your basis people and you no need to create the RFC destination in your XI system.

Note: Program ID Case sensitive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thank You for your response....

I filled Gateway host entry as XIDEV and Gateway Service as sapgw00 and saved. When test for Connection it

is successful. But when i open SM59 and fill the RFC Destination and execute I am getting System Failure...

- Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Still I am Having one doubt......

When I create RFC Destination at ECC which details I have to enter in Gateway Host and Gateway Service

fields.....

Some are telling to give ECC System Details and some are telling XI system Details....

I read maximum forums of RFC related...Please help me out....

I am Still getting SYSTEM_FAILURE when execute functional module.....................

Thanks,

Sudheer

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

take the help of this to get the information you seek - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apprently missing COMMIT WORK commando...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you explain briefly..I cant get you...

- Sudheer

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

put

COMMIT WORK.

behind your function call.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you able to execute RFC by giving destination name in you R/3 system without any error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response...

ya RFC got executed successsfully without errors...

- Sudheer