Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALV ON_DATA_CHECK

davidwallner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i am using webdynpro for ABAP. I reuse SALV-Component in my view and made it editable. So far it works fine. I am able to insert lines, delete lines and edit cells. My problem: When i click the check button, the event ondatacheck is not triggered when i delete or insert a line. When i edit a single cell ondatacheck works! Does anybody have an explanation??

Best regards

David Wallner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

davidwallner
Participant
0 Kudos

No my problem is another one.

I created a method H_ON_DATA_CHECK which is registered to the SALV-event ON_DATA_CHECK.

I put a break-point in this method.

Case 1:

I edit a single cell and then click the CHECK-Button, the application stops at the breakpoint.

Case 2:

I insert or delete a line and click the CHECK-Button. The application doesnt stop!!! I think that means, that the method is not triggered in that case.

Strange...

My problem seems to be a result of some lines of coding i made in method WDDOMODIFYVIEW

In this method i am deleting some columns which i dont want to be shown in ALV.

It looks like this: lo_value->if_salv_wd_column_settings~delete_column( 'GREMIUM1' ).

When i comment these lines, the ON_DATA_CHECK-event works properly....

Edited by: David Wallner on Jun 5, 2009 9:17 AM

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

This is because the ON_DATA_CHECK is designed to only keep track of any modifications that the user might do with the ALV directly. Any changes done through coding wouldn't be reflecting in here. This is the way it has been designed. Try to directly delete a row by using leadselection & then press on the CHECK button. The changes would be tracked in R_PARAM->T_DELETED_ROWS for this case.

Regards,

Uday

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I guess you must be trying to check R_PARAM->T_MODIFIED_CELLS even when you are

DELETING/INSERTING data into the ALV. The changes pertaining to these actions get reflected in:

R_PARAM->T_INSERTED_ROWS & R_PARAM->T_DELETED_ROWS

Regards,

Uday

davidwallner
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes that's what i thought. But in fact it doesnt and i cannot see why? Any ideas?

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally ON_DATA_CHECK event shall be called for insertion/appending new rows, deleting rows and for change in a row. For more info, can the below documentation.

[ALV ON_DATA_CHECK_EVENT|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/74/fd4142646ab46be10000000a155106/frameset.htm]