cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change planning level in FI document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i use transaction ob32 to add BSEG-FDLEV as changeable field however after change, when i use FB02 to change the planning level, the field do not come to screen to change. is there anything to do?

thx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will not appear in document entry. You have to maintain it in GL master record.

Read the SAP help text on Planning Level.

Planning level

The planning level is used to control displays in Cash Management.

The following levels could be possible:

Only noted items in the cash position

Only noted items in the liquidity forecast

Purchase orders

Sales orders

Notified incoming payments

FI payment settlements (incoming checks, outgoing checks, bills of exchange, payments)

FI bank transactions (bank statement postings, cashed checks, bill of exchange payments)

You can freely choose the planning levels. You should, however, follow a naming convention:

To improve the display of the cash position and liquidity forecast, you should reserve levels that start with "F" or "B" for automatically updating data during posting. F levels should be used for bank accounts, customers, and vendors, and B levels for bank clearing accounts.

Examples:

F0: bank accounts

F1: purchasing/sales (customers/vendors)

FF: down payment requests

FW: bills of exchange

B1: bank clearing accounts, outgoing checks

B2: bank clearing accounts, outgoing bank transfers (domestic)

B3: bank clearing accounts, outgoing bank transfers (foreign country)

B4: bank clearing accounts, bank collection

and so on.

When displaying the cash position, you can then see because of level F0 that the amounts are posted to the bank account, whereas the other levels show planned bank account transactions, which include entered payment advices or postings to bank clearing accounts. You can then use the display to compare planned date with actual data.

In addition, you should reserve levels, for example, all levels beginning with X, to represent postings with payment blocking indicators in the liquidity forecast. When displaying the liquidity forecast, you can then see because of these levels that the displayed amounts are postings with payment blocking indicators.

General notes on accounts, or planning groups, and planning levels:

Accounts/groups and levels enable you to look at data two different ways.

Accounts/groups answer the who question.

Which (major) customers or suppliers?

Which customer or supplier group?

Which bank account or bank clearing account?

Levels answer the how question.

How information was entered into the system (posting or payment advice or planned item)?

How an amount is posted (normal posting or special G/L transaction)?

How accurate information is

With amounts in the "outgoing transfers" level, you know the exact date on which the account is debited, but with amounts in the "outgoing checks" level, the date on which the account is debited is uncertain.

In levels for MM and SD, both the amount and the planning date are more uncertain than the amount and date in FI postings, since the vendor may, for example, deliver only a subset or the delivery may be delayed. In addition, the system always displays MM amounts without taxes in the liquidity forecast (in purchase orders, tax is not displayed if it can be deducted; in purchase requisitions, it is never displayed).

Where are cash management levels assigned in the system?

In G/L accounts, you define the level in the company-code-specific part of the master record.

For accounts receivable and payable, you define a standard level in the cash management and forecast group.

At this time, you can define different levels for the following applications and activities:

Locked items

Special G/L transactions

Payment requests

Purchase orders and purchase requisitions

Orders

Agency deals

Loans

Securities

Money market, foreign exchange, derivatives

Real estate

Earmarked funds

The levels defined should be unique - meaning you must not define the same level for more than one application or activity as this may affect the clarity of the display in the cash position or liquidity forecast. It might also adversely affect the function for jumping from these transactions to the correct application or line item display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth Tamma ,

Thank you so much for your long explanatory answer.

what i want to do is to put plannning levels on document basis not on GL account basis. and i see in IDES system (4.7) i can change planning level and the table FDES and FDSB is uptaded, however in our prod system (6.0) i could not change. i wonder if i miss something to do.

thanks so much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

it can be changed with substitution before saving the document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!! Ahmet Seker

The explanation regarding planning level help's me to under stand the basic aspects

I am confused what planning level should be assigned for Reconciliation accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!! Ahmet Seker

The explanation regarding planning level help's me to under stand the basic aspects

I am confused What planning level should be assigned for the below g/l a/c's

Reconciliation accounts (GLa/c used in vendor Master ) (Come in the Number range of Liabilitie)

Post Dated Cheque - Outgoing (Come in the Number range of Liabilitie)

Answer will be appreciated

regard

shamulheq

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check whether this is available in your field status of the line item.

check OB41

Check Field status group of the GL Account.

If in field status itself you have not maintained, then no way that it can be shown and changeable.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

i couldnt find "planning level" field in field status group of both GL account and posting key.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As explained by Srikanth, you cannot have it in field status. Therefore, it cannot be maintained. When a field is not available in field status itself the same cannot be either be changeable. You need to maintain the planning level at GL master.

Regards,

Ravi