Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External activity PR prob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am very new in SAP PS .

I created External Activity for procuring some material. This material will be suppose to send outside after receive from supplier .When I create ext. activity then 1 PR item created against that external activity . What is use of such PR item number because this PR number is not specific to any material or service ,how to avoid to create such PR.

Regards,

AVI DDS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use internal activity to attach material and create PR.

This will avoid the creation of additional PR.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for prompt reply.

But exact in which situation External activity will need to create with 1 such PR.

Regards,

AVI DDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

External actvity is used when you are using some external services from a contractor and it is not done inhouse. it may include labour as well material in scope of external contractor. usualy u hav contracts or inforecord for such vendors. In this case external activity is used...

For inhouse activity internal activity is used and material is assigned to same.

hope this helps...

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarang & Hari ,

Thx for ur reply ,it clear my query.

regards,

AVI DDS.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you regulary place work order to vendors for your project activities like design of engineering drawings.. and specific procurement for which vendor info rocords can me maintained by purchasing Dept....in this situation you can use Externally processing activity rather than service activity to process the requirements easily.

Hope this clears you...........

regards,

Hari