cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Time differs ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Where Portal gets it's time? I gess that it gets time from the server, but why Portal time can differ several minutes to servers time??? ,server in HP-UX 11.23.

This is problem in BI system, because Portal communicates with SSO to ABAP and if time differs too mutch commucation fails. Portal and ABAP are in same server.

Do somebody know why Portal and server time is not identical?

Regards, Arvo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the expiry time of your Logon ticket.

Generally it is 4 hours.

If your SSO logon is failing , have you checked what is the time difference/

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

My original question was : why Portal (Java system) can be in different Time (minutes), than server.

You can see that time difference: in logs or if you are doing something in Portal where you see time stamps.

When you restart Portal (Java system) Time in Portal is same as server time, but after few weeks it differs minutes???

Regars, Arvo

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I still don't get your issue.

If your BI backend (ABAP) and the Portal are running on different machines, it can happen (and is very likely) that the times can differ.

Are they running on the SAME physical host? Or do you run them in a vPar?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

They are running on the SAME physical host.

You can't get report data from ABAP system because SSO connection do not work if time differs too mutch (some minutes).

Regards, Arvo

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> They are running on the SAME physical host.

OK

> You can't get report data from ABAP system because SSO connection do not work if time differs too mutch (some minutes).

So where do you see that the "portal time" is different to the backend ABAP time?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Markus

I see it in logs and if i do something where i see time, for instance : certification revocation check...

Regards, Arvo

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What JDK version are you running?

If your run a version lower than 1.4.2_21 you may hzave run into bug

QXCR1000885408 api/java_util/TimeZone/index.html#static - fails in all modes.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

JDK is : 1.4.2_21 .

BR. Arvo

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would open a call (BC-OP-HPX) and let the support check that issue.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your portal version along with the patch level?

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Saurabh

It is BI Portal 7.0 SP18.

Regards,

Arvo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All I can say that this kind of problem should not happen on this patch level. we have faed this kind of problem in EP6.

Now please ensure that OS time zone should be same for your portal server and BI server and if still your SSO ticket expires, you can increase the expiry period of the SSO Tickets.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Time zone etc. is not problem ,server is Unix server. Portal and BI are on that same server, that is strange thing, why portal (Java) goes different time than server (Unix) and BI (abap).

What means : "you can increase the expiry period of the SSO Tickets." ?

Regards,

Arvo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok...Tell me in portal where you can see this difference? My mean to say that how you have determined that you have different time in portal?

You have configured the SSO in between BI ad portal system and if due to this time zone problem, your SSO fails, you can opt for increase the expiry period of the SSO ticket so that SSO does not fails.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Edited by: Saurabh.Arora on Jun 4, 2009 3:02 PM