SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

derivation logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Request you to sugges the logic for deriving Fund center for a combination of WBS Element & Profit center. I need this setting as profit center is mandatory for our client. Hence the WBS element will have a profit center assigned.

An equalent Fund center will be created for each WBS Element.

Presently I have defined the rule as below

Fund center 1 = WBS Element 1 + Profit center 1

Source field : WBS Element and profit center

Target field: Fund Center

The derivation rule is active.

But still the system issues the error message.

Kindly highlight if i need to change the logic for derivation.

Regards,

Purnima

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you defined for every WBS a fund centre, why do you have to enter the profit centre as your source field as well? Why don't you simply use WBS alone?

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check note 666322 and the trace in FMDERIVE.

it is very common to have problems with the WBS element number conversion.

For example:

A rule table lookup (table PRPS) uses the internal number as key.

Fields in PRPS are used as follows:

PRPS-PSPNR => PS_POSNR (NUMC 😎 (Internal number)

PRPS-POSID => PS_POSID (Char 24)(External number)

If you want to derive master data with the table lookup, you can create

a rule (enhancement) to convert the external number to the internal

number before calling the rule table lookup .

This additional rule (enhancement) should execute the function module

PSPNUM_EXTERN_TO_INTERN_CONV.

Thus, you may call the conversion routine at this point, and use the

returned value (WBS element internal number) in your next step to fill

other fields in the table lookup step.

Which field (technical name for WBS element) are you using within derivation?

thanks & regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi

WBS Element number range is external.

Request you to eloborate a bit more.

My doubt is, to derive the External WBS Element - do i need to follow all the steps sequentially which you have mentioned or any one of them.

Request you to mention the steps sequentially.

Regards,

Purnima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the relationship between funds center and profit center? If it is 1 funds center -> 1 profit center or 1 funds center -> many profit center, a two step derivation might be the solution:

Step 1: Derive profit center from WBS - function module FMDT_READ_MD_WBS_ELEMENT; source WBS_ELEMENT; target PROFIT_CENTER (remove other unnecessary target fields); no need to maintain rule value.

Step 2: Derive funds center from profit center - Derivation Rule; source PROFIT_CENTER; target FUND_CENTER; your client maintains the rule value.

Regards,

Ming

Edited by: Minghong Ji on Jun 5, 2009 12:49 AM

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you defined for every WBS a fund centre, why do you have to enter the profit centre as your source field as well? Why don't you simply use WBS alone?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have also defined a Derivation rule

Fund Center A = WBS Element A

System does not derive the values.

System looks for Profit center values, as profit center is assigned in the WBS Element master. Profit center assignment in WBS element is mandatory.

One more additional information;

In all the cost center master data the Profit center is defaulted.

I also have a derivation rule -- Cost Center = Fund Center

Regards,

Purnima

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still, I do not get the role of profit centre in your issue. The configuration of PS and/or CO in terms of assignment to profit centres has nothing to do actually with the derivation of your FM objects. Regarding, the alegggedly wrong derivation, that you are having I suggest you to set a trace in FMDERIVE and analyze the values that are coming. Also, refer to the remark of Mar regarding the format of representing WBS in the derivation rule; there is an internal number SAP manages for the WBS and it should be taken into consideration when building a rule with WBS.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

A> In the account assignment derivation rule I have maintained two rules, for deriving the same object. System issues the same error message for both derivation rules. The rules are mentioned below.

1> Fund center = WBS element

2> WBS element + Profit center = Fund center

First I have deactivated the first rule and executed T.code CJ20n. Derivation is unsuccessful.

Later I have deactivated the second rule (and activated first rule) and executed T.code CJ20n. Derivation is unsuccessful. In the derivation rule Fund center, WBS element & Profit center values are maintained.

System issues the following error message with both the derivation rule.

No funds center entered/derived in item 00010 (1100//)

Message no. FI313

Diagnosis

In company code (&2) the component Funds Management is active. This requires the entries or the derivation of a funds center. You can use the following elements to derive the funds center: company code 1100/ account or CO object .

Procedure

Enter a funds center or ensure that the funds center can be derived from the possible assignments by:

u2022 Assigning a funds center in the commitment items- master record or maintaining the assigning of a funds center to the CO object.

B> Trace for derivation rule. Executed the trace for both the rules, the results are mentioned below

1> WBS element=Fund Center (Source field is WBS Element & Target Field is Fund Center)

Result: Derivation not performed

Reason: None of the target fields are to be derived

2> WBS Element+Profit Center=Fund Center (Source field is WBS Element & Profit Center, Target field is Fund Center)

Result: Derivation not performed

Reason: None of the target fields are to be derived

C> I think the conversion of WBS Element external number range is not getting converted.

As per Maru2019s suggestion tried to create a Function module u201CPSPNUM_EXTERN_TO_INTERN_CONVu201D but system issues error message as u201CNot permitted or does not existu201D.

Request you to share the knowledge.

Regards,

Purnima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purnima,

The rules you mentioned will work for posting transactions only, meaning WBS element has to exist. However, CJ20N is for creating WBS element (it does not exist yet). If your intention is to fill the funds center field in the WBS, these two rules will not work.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

I would like to also state that message FI313 is normally issued by the system when derivation logic is not sequenced. Hence look into the sequencing

Regards

Vincent

0 Kudos

Hi Poornima

When u use project system and funds management, u normally do not enter the funds center. The funds center is derived from within the project where the responsible cost center is captured, in order to pick the cost center and derive the fund center there is a function module.

However there are cases, where the cost center is not captured within the project. In cases like this, one normally has to enter the cost center when posting the transaction. the system in that case will automatically derive the fund center.

Now coming to the profit center, if u have maintained the profit center within ur cost center master the system will automatically derive it. It is a matter of set up.

Best regards

vincent rajkumar