cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Move Product category from one category grouping to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We create categories and hiearchies directly in SRM(don't replicate it).

Can you please advice how to move a product category from one hierarchy to another? The 'Move Category To' option does not display the sub groupings of hierarchies.

Regards,

Snehal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Steps to create the product category in SRM:

1) Create MM material groups in your r3 client. This will create a transport. Go to srm client Tcode R3AS and select the object u201CDNL_CUST_PROD1u201D from the list and run it. You can monitor the job using R3AM1 in SRM. This will bring the material group into SRM. This can be seen in TCode u201CCOMM_HIERARCHYu201D in SRM.

2) Once it is done. Go to IMG in SRM and go to path SRM> SRM server> Cross app biz settings> Account aassigmnet> Define GL code for Acc Ass Cat and Prod Cat. Maintain the GL code against this prod cat for all the account assignment codes. This is client specific setting and need to be done in every client by opening it. This GL code is given in the form in ticket.

3) Do a test and check if the product category is available for procurement in SC.

4) Transport it to EQ 311 and repeat 1,2,3

5) Transport in prod and repeat 1,2,3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Satish, but we do not replicate the PRCAT from backend.

Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Snehal,

I do not think you can move the product category from one group to other. You can delete the category and create new under different group. There are no dependancies on the local material groups so you can delete and create new one.

Regards,

Jagadish

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes. jadish is correct.

you can add or create . thats all.

even you can not edit the text of category .

i believe category are fixed ..

or once in year upon market you can add new hierarchy what you do in your business.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jagadish and Muthu,

This means that, if certain company does the groupings of product category and and later wants to change the groupings, it will not be feasible? The only option will be to delete the category and re-create it in the new category group?

Regards,

Snehal

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

hope you may upload the file for creting hierarchy and category by program

dont delete . let it be

upload one more hierarchy data. is it possible . so you can inactivate old one. i believe it will create a new hierarchy upon your program logic.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Snehal,

If there is a need to clean up existing material groups and create new ones then easy way is execute the program COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_ALL which clean up the material groups and then you create manually new ones. But be careful if you have both backend and local material groups. This program will delete everything. If youn want to delete particular product categories then use program COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_SINGLE and then choose what you want to delete.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu. But I don't understand it. If I create a new hierarchy, then it means I will have to create a new PRCAT also, can we have 2 categories with same name?

We have carts created with these PRCAT in our system. So, will the re-assignment have any impact on them?

Also, I am not aware of loading it with the excel sheet file. How can that be done.

Please advice.

Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagadish. I will have to explore the option of COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_SINGLE. We do not have any categories replicated from backend.

Will this have impact on any under progress shopping carts which have these PRCATs used in them?

Regards,

Snehal

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

Are you in dev system only ? try to upload again with new excel file . i believe it will create another hierarchy .check up with tehnical guy how he written a program if you upload another fresh new file

will see what happens.

i believe you might have more than 2 level of category right.

can you tell me why the business required to have local hierarchy rather than r/3 hierarchy ? any business reason behind.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the newly created product category number and desc are same as deleted one, and you assign it to different hierarchy then there should not be problem with the existing shopping carts that refers to the same material group. Any way, please try it out with one Material group in your Dev system and see how it behaves. Update the result in the forum so that others would get to know... Good luck

Regards,

Jagadish

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

did you check ?

you see there 2 options for you

ask your technical person

(1) adding new hierarchy with out disturbing old hierarchy

(2) create a new hierarchy with desired level of product category and delete the old since your program may check new one only . can you update me .

i am sure pretty it will work . create another hierarchy and delete the old one. product hierarchy will be deleted but old product category remain same. no worry . your sc picks from new hierarchy product category only.

br

muthu