Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profiler for ABAP and BSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to perform profiling for ABAP and BSP programs. I would like to look for the bottelnecks in my BSP application.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gadi,

Your best bet is probably transaction SE30 (Runtime Analysis) for ABAP. I'm not sure about BSP. I will get back to you on that one.

Cheers,

Martin

0 Kudos

A very handy thing to know with SE30, by the way is the following:

Create a user variant on the front screen, and in its maintenance, go to the last tab (Duratn/type). Set the aggregation to None. This way, the system provides lots of information on calls by different call types, and you will have more information at your disposal to check the performance of specific parts of your application.

For BSP apps, why not try adding the following statements:

SET RUN TIME ANALYZER ON.

in the OnInitialization event and

SET RUN TIME ANALYZER OFF.

in the OnDestroy event.

I wouldn't know offhand how else you would do a runtime analysis on a BSP application.

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the Advanced BSP Programming book there is a quite detailed chapter about this topic.

Unfortunately I don't have the book with me, but as far as I remember, there are some external tools to check the network load and you can use the "normal" ABAP tools for checking the server side load, like:

SE30, ST05, STAT

For BSP you can also use SMICM.

Peter

former_member183804
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can enable the runtime analayis for any Internet call via the transaction SICF. There all BSP´s, Web Dynpros, .. are displayed in a tree like structure.

Via the menu edit/runtime analysis/activate you can activate the se30 for your BSP.

Best Regards

Klaus