cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error:-Item is not relevant for billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue:-we have created a delivery with batch split material now while creating billing document with transaction VF01 it is giving error the item is not relevant for the billing.

Can anybody tell me what is solution of this so that it won't give an error message.

Regards,

Dharmesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi god meenu,

if you have Authorization for table display (i.e either SE11 or SE16) or any other table display.

In that give the table name as 'V_TVAP' and click on contents and try to change the item category.

Let me know if you still face any problems.

Thanks and regards,

Rajeshwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First of all thanks,actually here i just want to change the status of item category from "A" to "M".Navigation for item category is "VOV7".

Unfortunately as suggested i am not able to update table V_TVAP,please let me know some other wayout.

Thanks,

Dharmesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can try to set the billing relevance as 'M',cause you're useing batch split.

billing relevance M is used mostly for batch determined items. this is how it works...

if batch of a material is determined in the delivery, the main line item will have delivery/picking quantity 0 and the sub-items representing the batches as delivery/picking quantity relevant. this is replicated in the billing document if billing relevance A is used.

if M is used, then the main item is not included in the billing document as this has 0 quantity. the delivery sub-item the becomes the main item in the billing.

if you are using batch determination in the delivery, this is possibly what could have happened:

1. you create a sales order with item 10, material XX100. this item has billing relevance.

2. you create delivery, and batch determination/split occurs. sub-item 90001 is created for item 10.

3. if you go back to the sales order, billing relevance for item 10 itself will "vanish". however, look in your document flow and you will find the item 90001 (this is where billing relevance will be).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deyi,

Even after changing the status of billing relevance from "A" to "M" same error is coming the item is not relevant for billing.

Thanks,

Dharmesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

how about the billing relevance of the item category of the item 90001.I think you need to check if the relevant item category has the billing relevance as 'A'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i believe this is somewhat standard behavior. please confirm if this is what happened...

1) Sales Order

Line Item 10

Material RST100

Quantity 100 units

2) Delivery Document

Line Item 10

Quantity 0

Line Item 90001

Quantity 40

Line Item 90002

Quantity 60

3) Billing Document

Line item 10

Quantity 0

Billing Relevance [no amount]

Line item 90001

Quantity 40

Billing amount [value displayed]

Line item 90002

Quantity 60

Billing amount [value displayed]

NOTE: if you look at the document flow, you will see the billing relevance on sub-item level.

we would appreciate your feedback.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using one material which is batch split.

Now while creating billing document it says 90001 The item is not relevant for billing & 90001 The item is not relevant for billing.

I guess i have explained the problem correctly,let me know here if some more clarification is needed.

Regards,

Dharmesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply further i do not have authorization of transaction "VOV7" nor user do,how to change the status from "A" to "M".

Regards,

Dharmesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the relevant item category(vov7) - Billing relevance feild ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply !!!

I have checked with transaction "VOV7" billing relevance status is already maintained as "A" still problem persist"Item is not relevant for billing".Can you please let me know if this issue is related to some account document is not clear.

Regards,

Dharmesh

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to VOV7, and check your Item category. Check what is maintained in Billing Relevance, I think it will be Blank, if so, change it to A and save. Create a new Order and process till billing.

Hope it will resolve your issue.

Regards

Amitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitesh,

Thanks for your reply !!!

I have checked with transaction "VOV7" billing relevance status is already maintained as "A" still problem persist"Item is not relevant for billing".Can you please let me know if this issue is related to some account document is not clear.

Regards,

Dharmesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply further i do not have authorization of transaction "VOV7" nor user do,how to change the status from "A" to "M".