cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed -- Install MI client on Win 32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to install a MI client on my desktop for MI app development with NW 7.0. The way I used is to install it by url. The url is determined and service for installing it through url is enabled. On the installation page I tried both the awt and jsp installation but got the same error message:

Load the following file to your mobile device: *

No installation file exists yet for selected component. *

Can anyone help me with it? I'm a newbie. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Hadrian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hadrian

Logon to the NWA and in the Mobile Archvie Convertor page, upload the setup.exe file of MI (JSP or AWT) specifiying the appropriate values in the text box. Please note that the name of the mobile component should start with MOBILEENGINE. Once the upload is successful, you can download the same from the BSP URL you are mentioning

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar

First, thank you a lot! I read a forum thread about client installation through URL. It says someone needs to upload the installation file first. And now by your help I know how to do it. But there is a new problem. On the Mobile Archive Converter page, there is a message "Could not connect to middleware" under the page title "Mobile Archive Converter". All input fields, except the dropdown list "Application type" and the checkbox "Link to SAP MI Homepage", are not enabled. And there is no content inside the dropdown list "Application type". Do you have any idea about that?

Besides that, should a link to the mobile administrator be visible under the mobile infrastructure menu on NW admin page? And I can't find any mobile admin related roles, like "SAP_JAVA_NWMOBILE_HG_ADMIN". Do you know what's the reason?

Btw, this morning I used a .sca client installation package to install the jsp client environment. And I succeeded in the initial synchronization with my NW server.

And thank you again!

Regards,

Hadrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually all the installation files are already deployed onto the server. It just because that the user account I use doesn't have sufficient authorizations and actions assigned.

Answers (0)