cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI for Customer Create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to simulate XD01 as my web dynpro application. (My requiremtn).

I have a requirement to create the customer. ( In WEB DYNPRO)

I am looking for the BAPI.

In my application I am giving the customer number from My Screen as Exporting Parameter.

But, In BAPI, by default it is assigning the Customer number. It is not taking as Input.

Can you please tell me any BAPI or any FM or which creates customer by taking KUNNR as input.

Regards

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

first don't use SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL.....

SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL is used in standard during the maintenance of a consumer using the standard customer master data transaction XD01 & XD02.

It is not intended to be used out of the transaction and in no case it should be used out of its original context. Due to the specificity of the function module, out of the original context we may face limitations and data inconsistencies.

For the maintenance of customers, there is NO BAPI and NO direct function module.

There are some functions modules like the one above where the name is looking nice. But these should not be used.

• Below ECC 2005 (6.00), the only solution was batch input and DEBMAS idocs. See [note 384462|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/384462]

• Starting with ECC 2005 (6.00) and above: a synchronisation tool has been introduce. See class CMD_EI_API and VMD_EI_API

Then some other informations that can help too.

Starting with ERP 2005 ehp2 or ehp3, a new initiative has been developped. It called the Lean Customer. This is a Web dynpro application to maintain customer master data.

This development proposes an api that can be used directly if the limitation are ok for your development.

Otherwise you have to go to the CMD_EI_API class to fullfil you goal

Hope this helps

BR

Alain

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Sandeep,

> first don't use SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL.....

>

> SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL is used in standard during the maintenance of a consumer using the standard customer master data transaction XD01 & XD02.

>

> It is not intended to be used out of the transaction and in no case it should be used out of its original context. Due to the specificity of the function module, out of the original context we may face limitations and data inconsistencies.

>

> Alain

if it's not intended and even dangerous to use SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL outside XD01 and XD02 why is it not blocked by SAP for further use ?

kind regards

arthur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arthur,

this is a good remark.

I guess this is precisely why the function module has never been released !

It could have been released only internally for other SAP teams, but even this is not the case.

BR

Alain

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following FMs:

HRCA_CUSTOMER_CREATE

BAPI_CUSTOMERCRM_CREATE

BAPI_CUSTOMER_CREATE

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I have seen that. But it is directly taking remaining data from XD01...but in my case I am givign the data from My screen.

Pease let me know more...

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in that case you have to use function

SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL

where you can create new customers.

we also use it to create the same customers for multiple companies etc etc.

kind regards

arthur de smidt

former_member222860
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this:

BAPI_CUSTOMER_CREATE