cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to red flag RFC Receiver errors in SXMB_MONI?

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have searched the forum but could not find a complete solution so am asking here.

Interface is File -> PI -> RFC to SAP

The RFC raises an exception if any errors are detected during the posting.

To check error handling I have changed the RFC in SAP to raise an exception. When testing the interface I get a chequered flag in SXMB_MONI though the Adapter Engine shows the RFC exception was raised.

How can the RFC exception be red flagged in SXMB_MONI? I do not wish to use a BPM or alerts, my preference is to red flag in the monitor.

The repository shows that the RFC has message types Response and Fault, can these be used in some way.

Che

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Normally Red flag comes when there is a Mapping error , that means b4r reaching u r RFC.

Best after executing , get u r RFC.Response interface to , dump as a file or insert into any zError table in SAP needed to reference.

This is Sysnchronous way of handling and right way too , which will clearly have u r Error log (BAPIRETURN) used in u r RFC.Rsponse which u have populated

Srini

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of directly calling the RFC I shall call a proxy on SAP this in turn shall call the RFC. The proxy can return an exception to PI if the RFC fails. Proxy exceptions are flagged in SXMB_MONI so this achieves my requirement.

Thanks all.

Che

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che,

your flow is asynchronous, therefore whenever an asynchronous message is leaving PI it will be successful from a view of PI. PI cant get any information about errors inside SAP ERP.

If you want to have a error flag or an alert you need to design your flow synchronouns: File adapter works by default asysnchronous, therefore you would need to adapt it: Create a synchronous flow (never did that but could be possible) or create a BP receiving the asynchr file message and send synchr the RFC.

Regards,

Udo

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want to have Red flag in this case you need to make the scenario as Synchronous (you do not wish to use BPM and alert)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When testing the interface I get a chequered flag in SXMB_MONI though the Adapter Engine shows the RFC exception was raised.

Never ever in Async scenario you will get a Red Flag in SXMB_MONI due to an error in Adapter Engine

Once the message is successfuly transferred from IE to AE, the processing will be shown as chequered flag in MONI....

The behavior that you are observing is perfectly correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your sole pupose is to generate a red flag in the MONI......

Deactivate the receiver comm Channel, in this case RFC channel.

Goto -> RFC Comm Channel -> Choose edit mode -> Adapter Status -> Inactive -> save & activate

Thanks,

Rag