SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1> Can anyone shed some insight on, why "Budget Profile" should not be maintained if FM-BCS is activated?

2> Because Budget profile contains the following crucial control parameters for budgeting.

1>Time horizon

2>Format

3>Availability control for annual/total budgets

So where can we have all these settings?

Regards,

Purnima

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BCS is a module which is configured differently from former budgeting. The budget profile is not in use there. All the definitons mentioned by you are performed via BCS relevant activities.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for the reply. Request you to mention the specific activity where the config settings for Annual and Overall budgeting is done in FM-BCS.

Is there any way out to distribute the Budget values. In BCS only plan values can be distributed using distribution key.

Regards,

Purnima

Edited by: Purnimar10 on Jun 4, 2009 3:09 PM

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You use activity IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Budget Control System (BCS) - BCS Availability Control - Settings for Availability Control Ledger - Specify Checking Horizon.

The distribution of budget figures could be done also with the tool of BW or transfer from CO planning.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So with Checking Horizon configuration we can have the over all budget..

If we mention the checking horizon as 5, then the budget will be spread across years. Is my understanding right?

Is it possible to have checking horizons A (annual Budget) & O(overall budget) both.

Presently i have assigned A for 9H availability control ledger. When I tried to assign "O" System forbids the transaction with an error message. I have not activated Commitment budget.

Client has combination of budgets, there are some projects for 3 to 4 years and Internal deparmental budget for one year. How to meet this kind of budgeting requirment.

Regards,

Purnima

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, when you have a situation like this, you hsould use fund entity and specify the horizon for specific funds. Also, keep in mind, that there is a difference between annually-managed budget and annually-controlled budget. In most cases, the budget, though managed in several years, still controlled on annual base.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Is there a way to report my budget in periods??

I need to know the availabe budget, released budget etc by period... ( jan, feb, mar, etc.)

Is there a standard report do that?

Help me please!