cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization group in Marekting planner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There ia a field 'Authorization group' in the basic tab while creating a marketing plan. Now, this authorization group decides which all users can perform particular actions on this marketing plan like change, display etc. So this authorization group must have some users attached to it. Moreover these users must be having their own authorization objects under role maintenance. So how can a particular user have limited access just on the basis of this group. Is this group having some atauthorization objects under it, if yes then where? My question is where do we assign the users to this group. Any pointers will be helpful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil Sir,

Authorization Groups are defined in SPRO under Cross Applications Comp ->SAP B P ->Basic Settings ->Authorization Mgmt ->Maintain Author Grps.

And you assign Authorization groups to each relevant Business Partner. while creating a BP you can assign auth. gp under Identification tab.

if you r satisfied with the answer pls assign the reward points i will be opening my account with your valued points

good to c ur msg..

cheers!

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir

Nice to see your reply, a gud thought provoking reply. all i m wondering is just where do we maintain authorization objects under these groups for when i looked in that path earlier, i cud only define the groups names in that not its characteristics. moreover, in the identification tab, i cudnt find that field for group. I think this is under the tab Control data. I am basically looking for al ink between the authorization groups and the undelying objects. please enlighten me more on this... i will keep you updated on this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

do one thing.

create a test Authorization Grp in SPRO->Mktg->Mktg Plannr->General settings->define auth grp.

Now in trnsc PFCG create a relevant role or in an existing role add this auth grp.

it will work

now assign more points!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya

your reply was helpful particularly the maintenance of authorization group in the role to which BPs are assigned. As per my understading, there is no need of maintaining any authorization group inthe tab Control Data for our purpose. I beleive its for some other purpose.

Many thanks

Sunil

Answers (0)