Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Posting for particular WBS Element

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I belong to SAP SD & I am new to PS module.

My client requirement is to lock posting to a particular WBS element of a Project once say 90% of the planned Cost is reached.

To explain the above in detail - say we have planned Rs. 1,00,000 as Planned Cost for a particular WBS element of a Project & if we have already posted Actual cost of Rs. 90,000 for that particular WBS element, then system not allow further posting (by way of GRN / MIRO or JV), unless a senior releases the block.

Our Business flow is - Ceate Project, create WBS elements for the Project, then plan Cost & Revenue for the each WBS element of a Project & then carry out business transactions like GRN, JV (expences posting), etc with reference to WBS elements.

Please let me know how to achieve the above requirement.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Mumbai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do this for Planned cost but your requirement can be fulfilled by using Budgets in your project.

Assign the budget to the Project and then use Availability control.

You can have Warning message/Error message once the Value in the transaction reaches a particular level of Budget assigned to the project.

say Warning at 80%

and Error (i.e. Transaction not allowed) at 90%

Configure accordingly..

Search for "Budget tolerance limit" in the forum if you want to know How to set the limits.

Regards,

Amol Sarode

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,you can do it by having budget availability control and have User defined status set for a particular wbs, and it should be restricted only to users authorize to post for that particular wbs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use the budget/budget release facility where you can set say 90% used as error. and the budget release transaction authorisation can be given to a higher authority person.

Otherwise the lock facility available in PS is manual, you cannot control it automatically defining a percentage usage of fund.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One way of doing it

CJ40 - Planned cost

CJ30 - Planned Budget

CJ32 - Release Budget

If the availabilty control is active then it won't allow to post after you reached the credit limit of 90% say...

Another way is to go to CJ20N... Go to the WBS and then go to EDIT -- STATUS -- LOCK

This will lock the WBS for any postings

Uddhab

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As amol has replied take your plan cost as basis of Budgeting. This funcationality is already exist in PS.

The other option could be lock the Master data - i.e.Edit --> status --> Lock -all.

Regards

Nitin P.