Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new Idoc segment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using transaction we31 to create a new Idoc segment.I am providing all the details like field name and the data element . But while trying to save it , I am getting an error that the 'Dictionary structure <<segment-name>> could not be created'.

The data element is active.

Can you please suggest what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Samrat.

7 REPLIES 7

jaideepsharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using any z data element while creating the segment. If yes then check if this element is active in the data dictionary or not ??

KR Jaideep,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem might be with data element.

Thanks,

Asit Purbey.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the data element is not active it should give the error as Data element <data element name> is not active.

Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please send the fields and data elements you are using while creating the segment ?

KR Jaideep,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the Data element using in the segment , if it is inactive in data dictionarry please activate it.

Regards

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try to find out the Data Elements for the fields that u have used while creating segments

go to SE11 and find out whether the mentioned data elements are active or not.

If not make them active in the data dictionary and then try again.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have solved the problem myself. The data element was active. There was problem with the naming of the segment. I was using a '_' character in the 3rd place in the name. Once I remove it, the segment got generated.

Anyways, thanks to all of you for your support.

Samrat.