cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer - page deployment troubles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I'm still struggling with VC eventing - in/out elements and I got the feeling more and more, that my VC doesn't work correctly. Eg. deployment - I have "model/module/page/2x iView" hierarchy and when I make a deploy only iViews are visible in the portal content. There is folder also called "pages" under relevant "VC modul" folder in portal content, but it's empty.

Is this OK ? I would suppose that I would have two iViews and one page after deploy.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

It all depends at which level you make your deployment, i.e., at iView level or at page level or at Module level.

Thanks in advance,

Deep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I know that, when I deploy the iView with position inside the iView, all other iViews are deleted (I deploy with sel.option "Delete entire existing model first")

When I'm in "page view" (I see two iViews in VC) => two iViews are deployed.

When I'm in "model view" (I see one page in VC) => situation is same as above - two iViews and no page are deployed... this seems strange for me.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gregory_root
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

First off, my bad. It's the "VC" role.

At the time of installation (not now), was the person who did the install a member of the "Administrator" role?

Lastly, during installation, a predefined role – the VC role – is deployed to the portal as part of the initial Visual Composer content. This role has all the necessary permissions to allow a user to perform modeling tasks while working with Visual Composer Storyboard, such as create, develop, manage and deploy models to the portal. The role includes full permissions for the Visual Composer folder in the portal. Additionally, each user should be assigned (at least) read permissions to back-end systems accessed through the portal in order to access the needed data services.

<b>Another BIG warning:</b> For security reasons, the VC role must not be assigned to anyone on a production server. This means that the users (designers) perform all modeling tasks on a development server, and then an administrator deploys the generated content to a production server.

At this point, if this doesn't help, you need to submit an OSS message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for those useful answers !

Here on EP 7.0 SP10 the only VC I got is VCRole... If this role is not assigned to my end-user, I can't receive results from the SAP backends (I guess it's normal).

If this system would be an productive server, how would I administer the users roles ?

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if I understand the question properly. You can either transport the roles from the dev system or you just manage them on the productive system. Both alternatives are possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

My question was more relative to your previous post:

<i><b>Another BIG warning:</b> For security reasons, the VC role must not be assigned to anyone on a production server. This means that the users (designers) perform all modeling tasks on a development server, and then an administrator deploys the generated content to a production server.</i>

My issue is that if my users don't have VC role, the VC applications don't work...

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need the VC Role to change and edit the model (using the VC design time).

Once deployed and transported, you have a regular iView. That means your end user needs to have a regular Portal user, which is mapped to a corresponding user in the backend. This backend user of course must have the proper authorization to access the data. That has nothing to do with the VC Role itself.

See also:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Roles+needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

User mapping was ok but mly user hadn't the eu_role. Now it's ok: thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I got it finally .. it's all about permissions. When I've assigned "super_admin_role", the deployment proceadure takes a little bit more time and the page is generated as well.

Right now I'll have to find out, which permissions are the right ones to be assigned to VC developers. Is there any list ?

Strange is, that I created special user group "VC_admins" and gave it the full permission on the folder "Visual Composer" in Portal Content... and it still didn't work.

Anyway the permission concept of EP seems to me bit unclear. At least the permissions for Portal Content tree.

Tom

gregory_root
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Don't forget one thing it mentions in the documentation. For development users, they need to be added to the VCUSER role. This allows them to deploy from Visual Composer into the portal.

Hope that helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I read this note in the documentation and I had a look for it. The trouble is that there is no such a role on the portal (at least on our portal). Am I supposed to create it ??? Honestly, I would assume that it should be prepared after the instalation of EP (latest version ofcourse).

Any other advise?

Thank you

Tom